Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I took the Canucks in 6 and I still hope it happens but the Canucks need to get more shots through somehow.
Same 6

Agreed they need to find a way to break in. Nashville is playing an extremely stifling game to the point they even struggle on offense.

1st goal was a push the goalie in but it kinda looks like a dominoes effect so why Vancouver didn't challenge because they may have said the Canucks player initiated contact and the second goal was weak but weak goals happen.

Nashville is barely scoring In the same game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tight defensively sound games are better than constant blowouts or games where one team is getting beat handedly.

This series and the Winnipeg/Colorado series have been the best
tenor.gif

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Lol take off the rose coloured glasses. You really think this Canucks team with that offense that can't even average 20 shots a game can hang with the Colorado/Edmonton/Dallas powerhouses? Really? It won't be a contest.
I think the Canucks struggle with suffocating teams. They will do better vs the Oilers assuming both advance.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver

Dumb thing to say by Toch. If it's a 50/50 call you make that challenge every time and trust your PK who is running at 90% in the series to kill it off. I also personally think it was more like 70/30 in favour of the challenge being successful on that one. It was clearly Nyquist's bump that pushed Silvos and propelled the puck into the net.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Replace stich for game....
1714588366814.png

The vast majority of Kings shots were permitter shots. Oilers had the higher danger advantage at 7-4. While the Kings did outwork the Oilers in this one, the Oilers were effective too in keeping them to the outside. Looks like the Oilers beat he Kings at their own game. Overall, not indiciative of much.

Last edited:

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
All the talk from Vancouver about Pettersson wanting out if the team was not competitive. Kind of never want to hear him say anything of the sort again. He's been an absolute ghost.

Even Marner in Toronto looks more engaged and noticeable on the ice, and Leafs camps are ready to jettison him in to the sun for a 2nd round pick

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Lol take off the rose coloured glasses. You really think this Canucks team with that offense that can't even average 20 shots a game can hang with the Colorado/Edmonton/Dallas powerhouses? Really? It won't be a contest.

W have before. Vancouver this season has notoriously been outscore yet scored anyway. That's literally the PDO meme. Our whole system is counterattacking offense which actually plays better against more offensive teams. The issue is Tocchet not making the necessary adjustments against a less rush oriented team in Nashville (or LA, for example sake). Hence why we have so few shots. We're trying to force them into plays they don't often make.

Now any one of those teams will likely make adjustments of their own and that's what worries me about Tocchet right now but I wouldn't read too much into this series quite yet in the same way I doubt even Av fans think they'll be popping 5+ goals a game every game going forward.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
I know its a tough call within one minute to make a call late in the 3rd of a tight game, but not challenging that tying goal was definitely a mistake. Tocchet seems to be a little too careful on those and you would think with the quality of the PK that it would be worth it even with a <30% or so chance you can get that overturned.

Reactions: Regal and Szechwan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad