GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Really makes you shake your head at the weird decisions smart people who have been involved in the game for decades make sometimes.

Why they ever decided to move Miller out of his left circle spot on the powerplay is baffling. Him controlling the puck there and either going for the downhill shot or looking for a pass/tip in front has been our best weapon going all the back to the beginning of last season.

They score a goal using that same setup, and then a few moments later decide to swap Miller and Petey? Like I understand changing up the looks and that PP looked okay as well but like... why? You don't need to galaxy brain, just execute what has proven to work.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
I'll do 4x4.5m for Zadorov, 4x4m for Joshua and 5x6m for Lindholm.

Guys like that earn their paychecks in the playoffs, if we continue to be a playoff team year in and year out they will outplay those contracts.
Lindholm at 6 is a dream though haha

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Other notes from 1st period:

Mikheyev with a strong period.

Zadorov continues his solid play (got tossed to the ice once which was a surpirse).

DeSmith still a bit scrambly but that's just who he is, didn't think he looked too out of control.

Blueger should not be taking another penalty for the rest of this series, he's reached his quota. Can't have 4th liners repeatedly putting your team shorthanded.

Reactions: alternate and bh53

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
It's bad, but that period was a powerplay fest, Preds only had 3 5v5 shots
It’s terrible…to have 8 total shots in the game with all those pp’s, good defending but you need to get more pucks into the crease area and crash the net…beat the first layer of shot blocking to get the puck into a scramble area in front of the net.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Lindholm is also showing his value in the playoffs. His faceoffs, penalty killing, puck retrievals, and poise is a calming presence
Agreed. I've been incredibly impressed with him. They played the price for playoff Lindholm and we're getting it right now. I can forgive his relatively underwhelming regular season. Turns out they didn't really need him to be 100%.

Reactions: alternate and bh53

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s terrible…to have 8 total shots in the game with all those pp’s, good defending but you need to get more pucks into the crease area and crash the net…beat the first layer of shot blocking to get the puck into a scramble area in front of the net.
Both teams are struggling to generate offense, I'm cool with a low event game with a 1-0 lead on the road with DeSmith in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad