WCQF: St. Louis Blues eliminate Chicago Blackhawks in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuigiTime

Apr 18, 2016
Albany Park
Keith has had his moments, but he's been too inconsistent to be called a standout performer. He's been way too casual for the majority of the series, and it resulted in some brutal giveaways. Hammer has been reliable as ever in his own zone, but he's getting murdered in posession. And Kane has 7 points, same as Panarin, and he definitely showed up in some key moments, but overall he, like Keith, has been way too casual and turned the puck over too many times to be considered a great player in this series. He also wasted an uncharacteristic amount of chances. The Hawks best performers have been Crawford, Panik, Ladd, Hossa and Shaw imo, might be that I'm biased due to the expectations I have for Toews, Kane and Keith, but we're tied in this series because our depth players have stepped up. And I'm happy with it too, because it just means our core is due a collective great performance ;)

Panik has been a stud. Shaw too. Heck of a team!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
When you look around, this is the kind of game that the blues would win. After 2 disappointing outings, they know this is the final chance for them to recoup what they had in games 1-4 by winning the series. It just seems too fitting for the Hawks to lose this game after the classic Hawks fight back. Like I said earlier, if I had to guess it'll be an OT winner by a Blues player, but OT winners are hard to predict. One mistake by either team can cost you a game in OT.

The popular notion is that the Blues will lose game 7 because of their history of choking and because they've lost games 5 and 6. But it's really not that simple. Game 7 is going to be close and hard fought, and it literally could come down to puck luck and a bounce for either team.

I'm more worried that uneven officiating impacts the outcome. Overtime game 7, I'll need to take my heart medicine.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I have an odd good feeling about this game for St. Louis. Think it's time for them to finally get by the Hawks. 4-1 Blues.

I won't be too surprised if the hawks lose, but I would be extremely shocked if they didn't make a game of it. I don't recall that happening to a healthy hawks team in an elimination game with this core, though it happened with hossa injured and toews playing injured in 2012.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
I think the Blues will need to get through a big Chicago 1st period. If they get to the 1st intermission tied then it's theirs to lose. I also expect a big bounce back game from Elliott

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I think the Blues will need to get through a big Chicago 1st period. If they get to the 1st intermission tied then it's theirs to lose. I also expect a big bounce back game from Elliott

Elliott will **** the bed as usual in big pressure games and blues fans will say it's not his fault as usual.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Feeling like Hawks win tomorrow and will be in the WCF (sorry Dallas fans) unless somebody pulls a Campoli and really blows it.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
One more off topic question.

Going down again for game 7. Where's a good area for bars in the downtown St. Louis area? There diddn't seem to be much around the stadium last time I was down there. If someone could just point me in the right direction or a name of a good bar that maybe has some other ones around it that would be lovely. Trying to get a hotel close to the bars so I don't have to crawl too far to get back to the hotel. :handclap:

It really depends what you like? I would go to Broadway south of Busch St. There you got Beale's, BB's and the Broadway Oyster Bar. They are all Blues/jazz bars should have live music so there could be a cover. Also I believe the Oyster bar is open till 3 am, you know in case the game goes into some sort of epic OT battle.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Elliott will **** the bed as usual in big pressure games and blues fans will say it's not his fault as usual.

With the Blues, Elliott has given up 5 goals in 3 games in which they could be eliminated. He didn't give up more than 2 goals in each of those games.

2 against LA in 2012 (3-1 final score, 1 empty netter)
2 against LA in 2013 (2-1 final score)
1 against Minnesota in 2015 (4-1 final score, 2 scored against Allen, 1 empty netter)

Notice the 1s in the final scores. I bolded them for your convenience.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Whoever wins will be the favorite for me to win the Cup. I'd hate it if it Ends up being the Blues.
Tarasenko is such a great Player. Everytime he is on the ice I get a Feeling that he scores within the next few seconds.

Those Teams Play great and it wouldn't be a choke Job by either Team losing against another great Team.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I'm interested why you think Kane is "cool" out of all the Hawks players...he's the guy most opposing fans love to boo during games.

Belated answer, but b/c he's not a cheap shot artist, **** talker or just generally unlikable as i tend to find most Hawks players (going back to the Larmer, Roenick, Chelios days even) and is a great player to watch.

And after following those threads and the recent accusations/allegations against him and reading how it progressed, i feel like he's innocent of that (he'd be by far my least fave Hawk if i thought otherwise, which really saying something, but i digress)

So in a way I have to root a little for a guy like that who's name has been (hopefully only) dragged through the mud in that way. He's also 1 of few core Hawk players who's never talked **** about my team, that i can recall.

Anyways, enough of that, let's go Blues. It's been a fun ride this series so far, hopefully it's a good game 7. I have no doubt it will, would love to see the home team takes it.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Hawks will easily win Game 7

don't know about that. not a single game this series has been "easy" either way.

think if Blues score early and ride that momentum with the crowd behind them they stand a great chance. Capt. obvious there tho, i guess. Might come down to goal tending.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Hawks have played all their cards. Blues have the last trump card left (playing their best player for a reasonable amount of time).

Of course, they actually need to play it...

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
With the Blues, Elliott has given up 5 goals in 3 games in which they could be eliminated. He didn't give up more than 2 goals in each of those games.

2 against LA in 2012 (3-1 final score, 1 empty netter)
2 against LA in 2013 (2-1 final score)
1 against Minnesota in 2015 (4-1 final score, 2 scored against Allen, 1 empty netter)

Notice the 1s in the final scores. I bolded them for your convenience.

Just FYI there were four games where the Blues scored 2 or less goals vs MIN (Three games they scored one or less) and everyone blamed Allen.

Blues goals in the games they lost vs Minny: 2, 0, 1, 1.

But it was Allens fault and Elliott should have started. :shakehead

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Lots of strong emotions, but the series has been too close to have a good idea of who'll come out on top. If it's Chicago, you shrug your shoulders and "Hawks gonna Hawks." If it's the Blues, you gotta salute them for finally getting the monkey off their backs.

Could it be 7:30 already, pls?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Nice cop out

You misinterpret my post. I didn't even indicate either team being favored by a bad call. I just worry more about the officiating being a bigger impact on the game outcome than puck luck, which is what I was responding to. But please treat me with condescension for not being impressed with the officiating this postseason.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Premier series of the first round without a doubt. NBC and fans have gotten their moneys worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad