GDT: WCQF | GM5 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 6:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Question, why do Americans say "call out sick"? Canadians say "call in sick" because you call in to report that you are sick.
I think the idea being that you are calling 'out' of work.

Doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but I work with a bunch of Americans and have asked a similar question.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I always felt he was more of an uber-celebrity fill-in role. I've seen him come and go a number of times over the last couple of decades. I don't think he ever held a regular spot.
My impression at the very beginning was he was supposed to be a regular, he was there all the time. And if you are copying the NBA panel they probably wanted a HHOFer there like Shaq and Charles. It was soon after they turned him into a guest star. In TNTs defence the chemistry wasn’t there and it is better now.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They started Hill!? Coincidental, last game they had a strangely long closeup on Hill. No correlation, perhaps, but Thompson deserves this start.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I always figured HFB Global Mods pull in 6 figure salaries with insane benefits
Y4B518k.gif

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
My impression at the very beginning was he was supposed to be a regular, he was there all the time. And if you are copying the NBA panel they probably wanted a HHOFer there like Shaq and Charles. It was soon after they turned him into a guest star. In TNTs defence the chemistry wasn’t there and it is better now.
Yea, the other problem (besides his lack of sense of humor) is that he’s the GOAT. Like, the discussion automatically goes in his direction, cause are you gonna clown or interrupt Wayne Fing Gretzky? No, you listen.

It’s like if the NBA on TNT had MJ. It just weighs the discussion too much towards that one guy.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yea, the other problem (besides his lack of sense of humor) is that he’s the GOAT. Like, the discussion automatically goes in his direction, cause are you gonna clown or interrupt Wayne Fing Gretzky? No, you listen.

It’s like if the NBA on TNT had MJ. It just weighs the discussion too much towards that one guy.
Yeh I guess. Like you can’t really disagree with Wayne and it could ruin the dynamic. That said, Wayne has legit good takes on some of those segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad