GDT: WCQF | GM5 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 6:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Deep thoughts time

I was really pondering how if Dallas (or Houston when they eventually get a team) ever got a generational talent (not just star and supertar level), hockey would explode even more in Texas. It's a shame that the generational talents have gone to Edmonton 2x, Pittsburgh 2x and Washington and Toronto. Some might debate the generational term so loosely used, but I'd put: Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid and Matthews all in that category. It remains to be seen how close Bedard gets to that. Makar is probably nearly there for a defenseman. Anyway, point being, if Dallas had a super exciting offensive talent it'd be bonkers there; as it is the popularity is strong.

Thought 2: when it's not my favorite team playing I have a hard time seeing home fans watch their team lose. It's always a little funner to see the crowd go wild in a good way. But alas, Vegas has my heart so am still pulling for them to come out of this series. But I'm sure the home fans deserve better.

Try franchise mode/create a player.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
That was a bad penalty for Heiskanen to take. You'll get away with a little hold, but you can't just hang on and not let him go.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad