Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM5 | Canucks lose to Predators | 1-2 (Zadorov) | Back to Nashville

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Rick needs to make some f***in adjustments. Dump and chase ain’t working and the forwards need to generate more rush chances. I feel like I’m watching a Travis Green team
Worse, at least offensively (obviously far better defensively). I don't remember Travis Green teams struggling to put the puck on net to this degree. It's more like they would just pull this for every 3rd period.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The team's is playing too cute in the o zone, why not keep things simple and just get shots in?

I have said this all year win or lose, its tocchets offensive system, it does not make sense in modern day hockey. Its basically throw it around the boards, then go crash the net, and then go for tips.

That type of hockey rarely works today, its so hard to score consistently on tips, and goalies are so good crashing the net in close and jamming pucks in is hard to.

Reactions: credulous and Jay26

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I really just can't get on board with blaming the refs or even being mad about not challenging the goal.

Those are the type of things you get upset about in a hard fought, close series, where every inch matters.

This should be a 4-1 series win for the Canucks, the Predators are not a good team.

Miller, Pettersson, Hughes and Boeser should be lighting these guys up. Look at what the Avs did to the Jets.

The truth is, the Canucks will scrape by this round and get absolutely dumpstered in Round 2. And it has nothing to do with losing Demko to injury.

This is looking like a repeat of 2007 honestly.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Petey Miller Boeser
Joshua Lindholm Garland
Hoglander - Suter - Mikheyev
Lafferty - Bleuger - Podkolzin

Enough dicking around. Mikheyev isn't converting and he's better off not getting the same matchups as Petey. Lindholm's line consistently generates chances. Suter and Mikheyev have had ample opportunity to finish their chances and they flub them. Let them play with each other and see if they can work on better matchups. I don't wanna see PDG with his soft clears anymore. Podkolzin's time to shine.
The amount of grade A quality chances Mikheyev has flubbed is painful. Even Petey in his current state could bury those.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
How could it have been allowed? You can't spear a goalie into the net with the puck.

I finally saw a good replay of that goal and watched it over and over again and now I am realizing that we may have just blown the series by not challenging that call.

I thought Blueger's momentum is what knocked it in—no, he actually saw that puck was under Silovs and moving towards net and gets his stock behind the puck under Silovs albiet weakly, momentum of the puck is now stopped. It's not until the NSH player comes jackknifing into the net with his stick and shoves the whole pile forward just enough for the puck to go into the net.

Brutal non-challenge, but it's not like there isn't enough blame to go around for the completely anemic offence/PP for this one. Really needed to squeak that one out but a stupid hit in a close game gave the refs just the right opportunity to impact the game and now the momentum has swung.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Problem is people's expectations that this team can go far. This is a bubble team that got off to a lucky 1st half hot streak.

Coaching is not great and top end talent doesn't stack up to the Mackinnons and McDavids
Just be happy they're in the playoffs and got lucky they drew Nashville. Would've been annihilated by almost every other team in the west by now

Yep, it's all gravy.

We're definitely a step below the real contenders right now, and that's ok. I still think we can take this series though. It should be doable and a great learning experience.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Overall, not a bad loss. These kinds of mistakes can be corrected. Silovs did very well, stayed calm and held the line, inexperience does show, however.

Our offense needs to figure things out, simply blaming Predators' solid defense is not gonna cut it.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
You just know the refs were just waiting to give the preds another powerplay with their season on the line after canucks scored
Honestly, what pissed me off more than them giving the Preds a PP on that borderline Joshua call where the Preds player turned, was the BLATANT missed hook on EP after the Predators scored. That pissed me off to no end.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I was hoping to feel relieved. Not only from just advancing, but getting away from this hockey. I don't know what's up with this series.
But it's just so boring. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't bother watching more than a few mins of any of this series.

It's just such dreadful hockey. I hope this isn't going to be the way for the rest of the playoffs. But that being said, Canucks haven't advanced yet and with how tight these games are, Preds can easily make a comeback. Every game feels like a 50/50.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad