GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I swear some sometimes the fan base is in a far great tizzy about playoff hockey than the players. After all, most of these guys have been playing 'must win' playoff games since they were in tyke hockey.

Just 'another game' for a lot of them. And if Silovs is between the pipes again, can there be any more pressure than facing 40-50 shots playing for Latvia, with an entire nation hanging on every shot, goal and save?

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Won't be able to watch unfortunately so you know what that means fellas - big W and a fun series against the Oilers. You're welcome.

But also why the f*** isn't Tocchet changing the lines? At least try, man. Load up the top 6 and get Bleuger back between Joshua and Garland.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Lindholm/Pettersson - Lindholm/Pettersson - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Lafferty - Mikheyev

But - hopefully Tocchet is hitting the right cord here and the boys are ready to rock tomorrow.
This lineup is and has been an absolute no brainer. I'm getting more and more aggravated every game we don't see it.

Should have at the very least stacked the top six for half of last game to close out the series.

Still have three defensively responsible centers, and three solid lines, it's so obvious idk what to even say.

But i guess same lines again, can't score three plus goals, can't get twenty shots, black hole granite slab chained to your ninety million dollar star center is certainly a choice.

Tocchet has been very good, but if travis green was coaching this round these lineup decisions would be getting torn apart and constantly criticized.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You know its bad when Tocchet is praising Pettersson for scoring in practice, holy shit
Yeah, why don't these automatons just do the thing I want them to do?

it's not like they're people with variable confidence. And it's not like they are also playing against a team of elite athletes with a billion dollar organization who devotes all of its considerable resources to try to stop our players from scoring.

This should be easy.

This is purely about him not wanting it as much as me while I eat cheetos on a futon and yell at the TV.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Hey Elias Pettersson

giphy.gif

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah, why don't these automatons just do the thing I want them to do?

it's not like they're people with variable confidence. And it's not like they are also playing against a team of elite athletes with a billion dollar organization who devotes all of its considerable resources to try to stop our players from scoring.

This should be easy.

This is purely about him not wanting it as much as me while I eat cheetos on a futon and yell at the TV.

I’m sorry but no. Pettersson has been brutal. He’s paid way too much for me to feel bad for him. He needs to be FAR better and deserves all the criticism.

Reactions: Zanon

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I think the Preds mop the floor w us tmro. They have us shook up.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This lineup is and has been an absolute no brainer. I'm getting more and more aggravated every game we don't see it.

Should have at the very least stacked the top six for half of last game to close out the series.

Still have three defensively responsible centers, and three solid lines, it's so obvious idk what to even say.

But i guess same lines again, can't score three plus goals, can't get twenty shots, black hole granite slab chained to your ninety million dollar star center is certainly a choice.

Tocchet has been very good, but if travis green was coaching this round these lineup decisions would be getting torn apart and constantly criticized.

It boggles the mind how they're expecting to get Pettersson rolling yet haven't done a single damn thing to spark his line. Either reunite the Lotto line or move Lindholm up. While I prefer the former if only because I think Hoglander/Lindholm/Suter would also be good, I really don't care which they opt for. Just break up Petey/Mik for the love of god.

And that isn't entirely a slam at Mikheyev. He can't score worth a damn but he hasn't been bad. Just stop using him as an offensive threat and let him be effective as a shutdown line. That's clearly where he's best suited at the moment.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think you can safely leave the top line alone. I know the Joshua/Lindholm/Garland line is humming too, but they hummed with Blueger previous to that as well.

Personally, I'd roll with -

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Lindholm/Pettersson - Lindholm/Pettersson - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Lafferty - Mikheyev

But - hopefully Tocchet is hitting the right cord here and the boys are ready to rock tomorrow.
My biggest concern with that lineup is that Lafferty hasn't looked good as a center in the limited time where we saw him there this season, in my opinion, despite technically being able to play the position. Hell, I'm more comfortable with Aman as 4C than Lafferty, and I do not want Aman anywhere near the line-up in the playoffs, if at all possible.

If you're going to move Blueger up, Suter has to come down, IMO.

It would be so much easier to get creative with line combinations and try to create a spark if Podkolzin were still around as a wildcard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad