Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
My neighbors here in NY probably think I'm a psychopath for all the screaming in the final 5 minutes :laugh:

Much, much better final 40 minutes. Sarros played incredible in the 2nd and 3rd period, were unlucky not to have scored a couple. Silovs was also in beast mode tonight.

Happy Suter got the goal, he got stonewalled a few times. Thought Petterson built on last game and played better today, its going to come if he keeps putting that effort in. Snakebitten guys look at what's been happening with Ilya and feel sorry for him, holy moly.

There will be more than enough time to talk about the Oilers series, so tonight I'm just going to enjoy. 13 years since there's been a 2nd round game on home ice, time to see if I can scrounge up enough stuff around the house to make a drink and celebrate some more!

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
I had to rely on the radio for the end of the game, and the announcer really made me have multiple heart attacks.

I'm happy that the comeback in game 4 ended up holding such significance. It's definitely a moment we'll cherish and talk about for years to come.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Man. That whole series was one long brown trousers hockey event. Never at any point did it feel like either side could relax because they played each other so tightly, and Game 6 was no different.

So good for Suter to finally break through, he had so many chances. And for Boeser and Pettersson to set it up…sublime.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Brock Boeser was a f***ing stud this series.
giphy.gif

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Game 1 could actually be on Sunday. That would be pretty crazy. More likely Tuesday if no concert?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Well, looks like DeSmith may not play another game unless Silovs completely shits the bed.
Hopefully Demko returns soon.... Unless Silovs has a hidden bubble mode as well. Cause Edmonton's offense is not even in the same realm as Nashville's.
Sure but the Oilers don’t defend like Nashville. I don’t mind our chances.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Absolutely insane series. All four wins felt like the most unlikely monumental achievements in human history.

Game one: 2 goals in 12 seconds
Game three: badly outplayed, 12 shots on net, score 2 PP goals with DeSmith in net
Game four: third string goalie starts, play terrible, score two goals in the final three minutes, then win a minute into OT
Game six: score with 90 seconds left and third string rookie goalie gets the shutout

Last edited:

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Flamingo.jpg

This Oilers D and the Preds D are different, not sure how exactly...can't quite put my finger on it. Can anyone help me with this?

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad