GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Because they think Silovs gives them a better chance to go somewhere in these playoffs plus he's on a winning streak. Who swaps a rookie goalie who just won a big game in fine style with a veteran backup who's just back from an injury and has already posted an .800 game in this series? Not to mention Silovs is our goalie of the future while DeSmith will probably be playing elsewhere in 6 months...
That would explain why Silovs starts, not why Tolopilo would be the back-up while DeSmith is healthy-scratched.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Going to be a 9 AM game for me in the other side of the world. Was just in Vancouver last month and ready to roll with my Quinn Hughes jersey.

Lets do this shit! 16 years on this board and counting, a 33 year old man now with 2 kids, and I'm as excited as ever. I feel my youth coming back, lets get to the second round!

Happy to see some old members coming back to these boards to join in on the run.
Holy shit 9am?! Where yat?? Super far away, must be Chilliwack or something like that!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Because they think Silovs gives them a better chance to go somewhere in these playoffs plus he's on a winning streak. Who swaps a rookie goalie who just won a big game in fine style with a veteran backup who's just back from an injury and has already posted an .800 game in this series? Not to mention Silovs is our goalie of the future while DeSmith will probably be playing elsewhere in 6 months...

You think that a team would scratch the guy they started in Game 3, who played great and was the 1st star in that game, who Tocchet clearly trusts, and pull him aside and tell him that the team is inventing an injury and they're not only not starting him, they're putting Tolopilo in as the backup?

Take off the tinfoil hat, man.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Garland is both fearless and hilarious. Never let him go.

I love in that video of them walking down the hall they all have different crazy reactions. Myers intense yell, Garland jumping all around, Lindgren uncontrollable smiles, Miller basically in tears..

love it all :yo:

Reactions: Lindgren

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You think that a team would scratch the guy they started in Game 3, who played great and was the 1st star in that game, who Tocchet clearly trusts, and pull him aside and tell him that the team is inventing an injury and they're not only not starting him, they're putting Tolopilo in as the backup?

Take off the tinfoil hat, man.
Yes well then why would the Canucks rush DeSmith in immediately after he was hurt enough to not be available as the backup when the goalie he is replacing just had a terrific game himself? I should have phrased that better; I don't think he is all that hurt. If they play Silovs tonight and they win I don't think you see DeSmith again unless Silovs really has a stinker.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes well then why would the Canucks rush DeSmith in immediately after he was hurt enough to not be available as the backup when the goalie he is replacing just had a terrific game himself? I should have phrased that better; I don't think he is all that hurt. If they play Silovs tonight and they win I don't think you see DeSmith again unless Silovs really has a stinker.

He clearly has a minor hand injury that would probably be a 7-10 day thing in the regular season and they're taking day-by-day in the playoffs.

Unless Silovs goes nuclear, DeSmith will be back in net as soon as he's ready to go.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Tocchet & Staff: How you feeling today, Casey? Being the veteran, you would of course be getting the start if you're healthy.

DeSmith: I feel great! 100%! Ready to go tonight!

Tocchet & Staff: Oh? Not feeling well again? Alright I guess we'll have to go with Silovs. It's not an easy decision to make but if you're not well we can't put you in.

DeSmith: ... what? No I just said I'm healthy and feel good, I'm ready to start the game tonight...

Tocchet & Staff: You don't have to apologize Casey, we understand. If you were healthy we'd of course go with you but we simply can not put you in that position.

DeSmith: You're not listening. I'm good, the doctor cleared me.

Tocchet & Staff: That doctor has been fired. We'll check back with you next game and hopefully you feel better then!

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I dunno, he had a pretty darn good game before the injury. I fully expect Tocchet to say Silvos is playing because DeSmith isn't 100%, but no clue what's ailing him.

I suspect he had the flu possibly. Dhaliwal said he's feeling better but not sure if he backups. Just the wording but who knows.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Wasn't it reported that DeSmith has a lower body injury? Thought I read that somewhere over the last couple days.

I guess the hand does hang below the waist, but seems like a stretch. Regardless, no reason for Tocchet to tell Nashville who they will be shooting at before he has to. I'd prefer Silovs but not a huge difference either way.

Don't love the Podz decision. Guess it's better than him just sitting at this point of his career, but I like regularly rotating bottom of the lineup guys in the playoffs. Love to see what he would bring to a series like this, but alas Tocchet has said he doesn't think "shuffling the deck chairs" makes sense right now.

In OT (I know it was basically just one shift) but that was one of the few times we looked like us in the OZ so far this series. How many times have we tried to reset the puck, or switch sides with it, to just have the puck easily intercepted by a Pred? Like just right on their blade. Going to need to play with some urgency tonight.

We've been the better team at times, but haven't really seem the waves of puck possession we saw regularly prior to the ASB. Bought time to refind that part of our identity.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Don't tease me like that

It will be the most dramatic return ever.
sting.gif

I understand Pod going down if he wont play but I honestly think we’re missing out on seeing him hit a playoff gear
Yeah, I will always remember a 21 year old Jannik Hansen getting his first taste of NHL action in the playoffs and looking superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad