GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd rather listen to Kelly than Cassie Campbell on ESPN (no Sportsnet for us living in the US). She's been talking about Nashville like they've been playing infallible hockey all night long.

Addition by subtraction for what little scraps remain of HNIC i guess. lol.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kelly Hrudey is actually fully irritating me tonight. Not to speak kindly of Forsberg...but he's one of the most elegant players in the league. I honestly don't know what the f*** he's been talking about for any of the segments tonight.
He’s a salty flames fan

Reactions: MS and Red

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
DeSmith should not be held anywhere near the standard of Pettersson.

DeSmith is a 32-year-old career backup goaltender.

The second goal was just a sick shot by Forsberg. Very few goaltenders stop that.
I don't understand how we have 2 players back up to stop the pass and give him free reign to the front of the net. That is way worse than how DeSmith played it.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
We pick on Pettersson but honestly this entire team is way too mentally volatile. If something goes wrong they all get in their heads. Demko goes down to injury? Predictably they came out super tight and it ends with a weird goal in their net right off the hop.

But then on the flip side when one thing goes right you can see them absolutely turn it on and you're left wondering, where was that this whole time? As I said, volatile.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Not cashing in on the PP, and quite frankly, not fixing it during the regular season whilst it was so obviously in need of tweaking, is gonna cost us bad.

To no one's surprise of course

How they didn’t hire a PP coach just blows my mind. That’s like Benning level incompetence

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Unacceptable soft play by Pettersson on two Preds goals so far.

Coupled with that empty net miss and he's pretty much single-handedly throwing this game for the Canucks.

Need something good to happen for his confidence. Seems like the crowd was getting a bit restless whenever he had the puck late in the period as well lol.

Cannot believe how such a skilled player can have such trouble handling every single pass that comes his way. It's horrible on the PP in particular where that extra split second he needs to settle the puck is enough for the PKers and goalie to shift over to him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He’s a salty flames fan

It's not even that. I honestly don't mind him most of the time and his Flames thing is...whatever. It's that literally nothing he's said has made even the tiniest shred of sense. He's not even speaking about reality. It's just completely made up bullshit tonight. It's getting under my skin and making me actually kind of understand where most Canucks fans are coming from with him.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Not cashing in on the PP, and quite frankly, not fixing it during the regular season whilst it was so obviously in need of tweaking, is gonna cost us bad.

To no one's surprise of course
And this is where even our strong coaching staff needs to take the blame.

This forum was calling out the PP as a major problem back in February.

They've done absolutely nothing to fix it.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
And this is where even our strong coaching staff needs to take the blame.

This forum was calling out the PP as a major problem back in February.

They've done absolutely nothing to fix it.
Yep, I agree. A lot of this is on the coaching staff for sure.

None of this is surprising, we all saw it, so did they. Why nothing was done..... confounds me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad