GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Again, isolating it to one player is myopic. You've just shifted the lens from DeSmith to Pettersson.

They lack shooting talent throughout their line-up. It's what happens when you overpay 3rd liners and fill out with defensive defenders. They try to play the game to a stand still while they're top5 set is not on the ice and that simply isn't good enough in terms of offense.

Who are the overpaid 3rd liners? Mikheyev is the only one.

Reactions: calnuck

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I didn't understand this at all either. Wtf are we going to do when we're 1 goal down in game 7 of the Stanley cup finals, run the play down?

You would figure our best skater would do everything he could to get the puck down the ice fast.
Exactly why you could hear the fans booing.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
This team looks rattled by the Demko injury and compounded by that early goal.

While they’ve played well they have a. It of tentativeness instead of taking charge and winning this thing.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Again, isolating it to one player is myopic. You've just shifted the lens from DeSmith to Pettersson.

They lack shooting talent throughout their line-up. It's what happens when you overpay 3rd liners and fill out with defensive defenders. They try to play the game to a stand still while they're top5 set is not on the ice and that simply isn't good enough in terms of offense.
I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that when you have your 1C playing like an offensive black hole, it significantly affects the flow of the entire team. This is a guy getting top minutes as well.

If Pettersson is playing up to his price tag, he is a consistent threat every time he is on the ice, and teams have to adjust for that, freeing up other guys for better scoring opportunities. More offense will naturally flow not only from increased scoring numbers from your 1C, but confidence in guys around him, and more space as well.

This is one player (a player with top minutes and top PP1 time) negatively impacting the team. End of story. This is the biggest issue with the Canucks right now.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Just throw the third line plus Hughes out there for the PP, with one of Hronek/Zaddy to toss bombs at the net with a screen. Make it a non-negotiable goal of getting 3+ shots on net minimum per powerplay.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Unless we somehow pull out a win tonight, you simply can't go back to DeSmith in Game 3. Silovs should get a chance to show his mettle. DeSmith is playing rattled.

Disagree, silovs has had some bad starts. Desmith has been ok tonight, a couple of the goals were brutal plays by his team

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Kelly Hrudey is actually fully irritating me tonight. Not to speak kindly of Forsberg...but he's one of the most elegant players in the league. I honestly don't know what the f*** he's been talking about for any of the segments tonight.
I'd rather listen to Kelly than Cassie Campbell on ESPN (no Sportsnet for us living in the US). She's been talking about Nashville like they've been playing infallible hockey all night long.

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad