GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
DeSmith will have a short leash I bet. He was good after his re-set, so let’s hope for the good version. Typical Canuck luck LOL.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Woodley's not associated with the Canucks. He's 100 percent guessing.

I’m not a big fan of woodley. He is prone to presenting his speculation as fact

What exact speculation has he presented as fact before?

Whatever you think of him, he has a direct line to either every team's goalies and/or their goalie coach.

He also talks to Clark a lot. So.....

Reactions: I am toxic

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Anyone watching this "rewind" game vs the Sharks and having some great nostalgia times?

And/or seeing what it is about Dan Boyle that Tom Willander kind of reminds me of? :laugh:

Reactions: geebaan

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I posted in the other thread, but Kevin Woodley, I think accidentally, revealed that it’s unlikely that Thatcher is back in the playoffs.
Just listened to it, is it because he said "we don't expect that this series and .... beyond..."?

Coming to this story late, lots of articles say he won't be back before the end of this series so Woodley didn't really say much.

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
Desmith was okay when he was rested. Which he currently is. But there is no way he has the conditioning to play the necessary amount of games required of the playoffs.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Desmith was okay when he was rested. Which he currently is. But there is no way he has the conditioning to play the necessary amount of games required of the playoffs.

Best case scenario now is we try to wrap up Nashville quickly to give Demko the most amount of rest. Which means the boys, especially Pettersson, better come out firing on all cylinders. A win tonight suddenly became huge.

Reactions: David71

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He’s actually doing great work with the NHLPA by creating a confidential mental health support system for active and former players.

That's fine but if he changed his tone back then when his anger was towards the Canucks, maybe I wouldn't be so **** on him.

But since he WAS a bum, whatever.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
We don’t know anything. There’s so much speculation that’s leading to a lot of wild ideas, angry, and fear.
1713920347730.png

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Hope the fans cheer loud enough to hype up the backups
Must be pretty hard for them too now that the weight of the team is our their shoulders

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

If this is true ( only the management will know) then you have to consider trading him this off season

Could be a lot of things. I tore my MCL on a similar play but I had also put my skate on the net skirt by accident.

A prominent goalie coach calls every drop in the RVH "taking one out of the bank", insinuating that your hip can only withstand so many repetitions of a move that puts a lot of load on your hips.

That's another reason I don't like the Clark automatic trackdown and you've seen both goalies moving away from it this season. In this case, the Preds guy is on his backhand and has our defender right on him. There's no imminent danger, no backdoor play. So there's no need to go to your knees in the RVH there. It's a bit of a fluke that he gets injured but this kind of unnecessary movement has been in Demko's game for the entire Clark era. And they do supposedly countless repetitions trying to get the right movement to the post during practice.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Difficult to imagine a worse turn of events.

Trying not to be too pessimistic but it’s hard. We aren’t going on a deep run with DeSmith in net.

Yeah. This is just so deflating. After the season they've had...it could all come down to a weird little tweaked something injury from Demko.

DeSmith has been a rock solid backup this year...but the team simply does not, and cannot play the same way, with the same confidence in front of him. Hopefully can keep them afloat until Demko is back, but it's hard not to let the mind go to the worst case here...

If this is at all long-term...they'll basically need Silovs to suddenly rediscover his Latvian Hero of the Republic form or something.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah. This is just so deflating. After the season they've had...it could all come down to a weird little tweaked something injury from Demko.

DeSmith has been a rock solid backup this year...but the team simply does not, and cannot play the same way, with the same confidence in front of him. Hopefully can keep them afloat until Demko is back, but it's hard not to let the mind go to the worst case here...

If this is at all long-term...they'll basically need Silovs to suddenly rediscover his Latvian Hero of the Republic form or something.
Viņš to var!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad