GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Well Drance presented a what if scenario that he capped off with saying a potential Demko game 4 return.

Woodley began answering by saying “Well I’m not expecting that at all in this series…or frankly beyond”

Maybe I’m coping but that sounds like he said he will miss time in R2, but necessarily the entire playoffs

Edit: same interview he admits he’s purely guessing based on Demko’s last injury so either he’s guessing or just back tracked so he doesn’t get into shit from Rutherford

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

FXjvdvTWQAIcSl_.jpg:large

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Man I have never had less faith. Without Demko I don't see us doing anything. This isn't a Marky going down situation where we got a secret upgrade.

It's more that the team tends to overcompensate and play like total ass when Demko is out. I think they could stand with a few Western teams even without him, but they seem to revert to turtling and generate next to no offense.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
In any case, this will show us what this group is made of. If they can't get up and give it their 100% for Demmer, I don't have much faith in them as a core. Win or lose, they need to elevate themselves for their teammate. Pettersson, you're up.
It’s going to be tough if Demko is out for the season..

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
This really f***ing blows.

Remaining optimistic a bit here. Hope they rally around and win this for Demko.

Definitely need EP to step up here, and it would best for Tocchet to not actually put Lafferty alongside him.

Not subbing Podz in for PDG is another stupid decision.

Would much rather see Hoglander and Podz playing with EP.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Disagreed, Winnipeg is the only team in the West with a legitimate #1 goalie
Oettinger is solid.

But it's not the point. We aren't a team that can really outscore a mid-tier goalie over the long haul. Teams like the Avs, Oilers, even Dallas are stronger in that sense. We rely on elite goaltending as an essential part of the mix. I know we scored a lot this year, but we all know how that kind of dried up as the season progressed.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
If DeSmith shits the bed bad they should start Silovs, with a very small sample size it seems the team plays more confident in front of him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If DeSmith shits the bed bad they should start Silovs, with a very small sample size it seems the team plays more confident in front of him.
Maybe in the regular season they did but I doubt they feel more confident in front of a young goalie who’s barely played in the nhl starting in his first nhl playoff game

Reactions: Ace of Hades

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Back to Game 2. Get a win tonight and this team is in the drivers seat. You are basically praying for a cindarella run...maybe one of the goalies gets hot? Maybe Pettersson turns into a force?Maybe other teams just choke? Hell I saw Ty Conklin near carry a medicore Edmonton team in the SCF.

Anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad