GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Well, looks like we're back to doing this again:
giphy.gif

sGYQCv.gif

• Haha
Reactions: valkynax and Flik

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
what they really need is a backup they can get going as a 1b.

DeSmith is a career backup, he's not that guy. Silovs needs to be a regular option sooner than later.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Best case is we win the series with CDS and Demko is back for healthy for next round in 2 weeks.

Gotta finish this series quickly though

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
As long as DeSmith is fine, I believe the Canucks will win the series. I was hoping for a bit of a Cinderella run and this puts a damper on that.

Hopefully, he just tweaked something they figure giving him 4 full days will clear it up and this is the rumour machine running out of control.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Just the most typical Canucks thing ever. I'm not in the least bit surprised.

I honestly believe there is a curse on our beloved Canucks. Probably started when the city chose the name Canucks over the historical Vancouver Millionaires.

I'm down :( but I believe we still can beat Nashville, just not sure how much further than that without Demmer.

Hockey gods please give us some luck.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

-basically popped up right after the game
-ESPN asked for him post-game and he declined
-sounds like it's a new injury
-got some denials that it's anything related to what's happened before
-doesn't think they really know how long
-if they did know, they wouldn't announce it so quickly
-was warned not to guess about the timeline

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I dont think anyone thought we are a true talent top5 team in the league?

This was a great opportunity. Most of the league seems weaker than usual and the playing field seemed quite open.
If EP plays to his capabilities, I believe we are top five in the league.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If everything depends on Demko, we really have no business being here. Let’s see what we really have. Go Canucks!
idk how anyone can watch the jets/avs game (or all of the canucks last year) and not realize how much bad goaltending can destroy a team

Reactions: Red

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
All eyes are on JT, EP and Hughes.

They have to carry this team to victory, especially EP.

When they're playing to their potential they're better than any Predator player. This is THEE moment for them to lead.

Reactions: Nomobo

dez

Mar 3, 2012
GAME OVER MANNN!!

Wonder if Demko needs to change the way he plays, the post to post splits is destroying his lower body.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
idk how anyone can watch the jets/avs game (or all of the canucks last year) and not realize how much bad goaltending can destroy a team
CDS isn’t a bad goaltender, certainly much better than what we had last year. Let’s see how this plays out.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
You never really know with injuries at this time of the year, but the likelihood is they are still waiting to determine whether the news is "bad" or "terrible". It would seem pretty unlikely, to me, that he's both injured enough to not play through a playoff game, but also not that injured and will be back this round, or even round two. But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad