GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
What else. Ofc he’s injured, things go decent for once and boom. Desmith my man ur up, this game now is an absolute must. 2-0 and i am feeling way more confident.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Markstrom, our MVP got injured in the Vegas series after we went down 3-1.

Demko came in and performed at a level higher than Markstrom.

Silovs...be the new Demko you coward!

Reactions: nucks88 and calnuck

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I am not terribly surprised.
For most poster's here they will know my thoughts on Demko's injury.

But the team is more than Demko.

IMO they better call up Topolio as soon as they can because I think it could end up with the AHL combo in the playoffs.

Maybe Silvos who is fairly good this Topolio is supposed to be even better.

A chance for another Billington or one of the goalie rookie hero's that happen around the playoffs.
Anyone remember Dryden winning a Stanley Cup before winning the rookie of the year? Just an example but other first year or AHL goalies have carried the load to the finals.

I posted the change in Tocchets coaching was a forewarning of the seriousness of Demko's condition. BTW, arthritis would not be listed as an injury

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Completely changes the mentality of the rest of the team.

It's not just about playing well infront of DeSmith or Silovs.

More about the confidence that the goalie can make the big save when necessary and limit the game-changing stinkers.

TBH, I have more faith in Silovs going God level than DeSmith. I think DeSmith can play well for a game or too but runs down after being played for an extended stretch.

Fascinating to see how it plays out.

But regardless, it f***ing sucks when you thought that Demko was back and our x-factor, just to have it ripped away after only 1 game.
I think they go with DeSmith unless he has a terrible game or two. His biggest sin is his rebounds and propensity to let pucks drop into the worst places.

Silovs you have an issue with lateral mobility that would likely be exposed and systematically picked-apart in a 7 game series.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Preds may face their own injury woes. Keep plugging away, hope Demko comes back soon.

This, this is playoffs.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That split save would put strain on the groin but he also has a history of concussion issues and took a few shots off the mask
That concussion theory sounds like a valid one..

Now I’m hearing knee,but not the same issue..so who knows

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver

Might be time to expedite the Silovs experiment and give him a run of games next year

IMG_2815.gif

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I’m open to giving my groin to Demko (barely used, like new condition)
Just so long as no one tells @SopelFanThe3rd , that poster really gets my goat*

*yeah, it's an expression. It may be stupid, who cares who has whose goat, but suck it you millenials, you can't even spell three letter acronyms, like your generation will ever come up with an expression

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Might be time to expedite the Silovs experiment and give him a run of games next year

Sure seems like saying "different injury" is just covering the Canucks own asses.

Wouldn't be shocked if he injured another component of his knee because the first component wasn't fully healed.

Reactions: wonton15

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I love Demko so much, but I wonder if we can commit to him long-ish term after this contract is up.......
We absolutely should not.

Him (or his body rather) being able to carry a starters workload was the biggest question mark for me entering this season and I think that question has been answered.

This sucks ass...

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Talent wise this is still a winnable series, but there is a distinct difference in the way this team has played in front of Demko vs Desmith/Silovs.

Demko brings a calm confidence that neither of the backups do, and I think that's ultimately what sinks us.
The first sentence is it exactly. This is not about how good our goalies are; they are ALL really good and have played excellently this year with occasional hiccups (which were, for the most part, caused by terrible play in front of them). If the Canucks play the way they usually do in front of whomever they will win. Demko does indeed bring a calm face to his position but I've noticed both CDS and especially Silovs looking very calm and collected, particularly Silovs' puck handling which has been crisp and confident. I myself am hoping it is Silovs who emerges the hero just because, like him or not he is our future in goal and a Dryden like start to his NHL career would be fun to watch. He elevated his game bigtime in the WHC, who is to say he won't here? My bet is that DeSmith gets the start tonight but if he flails it will be Silovs from there on. I for one am excited.

Reactions: Nomobo and calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad