GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
If the Kings and Avs can mop the floors with 3/4 the league with their goalies then we should be able to beat Preds.

Now, our depth is on display.

Reactions: bh53

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wish I had as much faith as you guys do, I feel like we just lost the series. I have no faith in DeSmith at all but hopefully I am wrong

I'd say at best the series is 50-50 without Demko, and it depends on if Saros rounds into form. The Preds will almost certainly score more.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Always fuggin injured man. He's barely played at 28 years old. You pretty much have to go out and get another starting goalie due to his unreliability.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No time to moan and cry here. The boys need to dig deep and find a way to win and support DeSmith.

And DeSmith needs to dig deep into the nether regions of his soul to pull out the best games he can. He had the odd great one this year - we need a solid run of form from him, now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This tweet was from two years ago—but it seems prescient:

I’ve always been an advocate for trading anyone with injury history.

But that also means I would have traded Byram before he was playing a crucial role as a top four defenseman on a cup winner as an example

But yeah, Demko’s had significant concussion, hip, groin, and knee problems.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
No time to moan and cry here. The boys need to dig deep and find a way to win and support DeSmith.

And DeSmith needs to dig deep into the nether regions of his soul to pull out the best games he can. He had the odd great one this year - we need a solid run of form from him, now.

…I’d would like to have Silvos get a run here.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I wish I had as much faith as you guys do, I feel like we just lost the series. I have no faith in DeSmith at all but hopefully I am wrong
The tight defensive gameplan is out the window. You really have to load up the top two lines and play full offensive WCE-style hockey and hope to god DeSmith holds them to less than 3 goals.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Demko had major hip surgery before he even played for the canucks.

If hes out, obviously that will hurt our chances. Lets be real this year is about gaining experience and identifying the players we can build around. If we get 2 round, huge success already.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Demko had major hip surgery before he even played for the canucks.

If hes out, obviously that will hurt our chances. Lets be real this year is about gaining experience and identifying the players we can build around. If we get 2 round, huge success already.

I would argue that with OEL's impending cap hit set to 4x in the coming years, this is/was our best shot with the current core.

Reactions: Red
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad