Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks lose to Nashville Predators | 4-1 (Zadorov) | Stars Can't Score

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Why do you think this given that Silovs was given the reins in the regular season?
I think going to DeSmith made sense given that he had the strong game in Edmonton and Silovs inconsistency in the AHL wasn’t too dissimilar to DeSmith’s NHL inconsistency

And I really don’t think going to Silovs first in the first away game is a great idea

Buut I do think the longevity of Demko’s injury changes the picture. Like in a “why not just try it” sort of thing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
1. We have to sign Joshua and Zadorov. These are playoff performers who play the right way. Management needs to prioritize players who can step up like this in the playoffs, not just regular season perimeter players

There will be something darkly funny if the Canucks blow the series, yet (as is currently trending) Joshua and Zadorov are among the best players and jack their contract values even more. This seems a very "Canucks" turn of events.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
EP40 gets with Bublé and figures out a rock solid mushroom micro-dose plan together and then goes ZEN-BEAST MODE and truly gets into the Vancouver vibe.

His line gets the nickname 'magic carpet ride' and dominates the playoffs.

Sign me up lol

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
Canucks can use a guy with positive energy like Kuzmenko who appears to play like he's having fun because he expects the puck to go in when he shoots, and feels like if if doesn't that's ok, it will go in next time. Although I thought the Canucks played with a lot of energy and had a great game despite the score....just need to tweak a few things to adjust to the Predator's style. Hopefully playing on the road will help take some emotional pressure off of Petterson because he's making way too much for what he is currently doing.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
shoot the damn puck. they're so allergic to it. i swear. during the sedins era fans were clamouring for them to shoot as well. because they hold on to it too long. that 1st goal by preds was a fluke casey went right puck went left. and the crowd chanting his name before that puck went in and a pindropped after that. 32 block shot by predators. enough said. petey needs to step up

Reactions: B-rock

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
DeSmith bit hard on Forsbergs deke and left the corner open. Guy needs to make a save on at least one of those if we want to win the game.
Forsberg is a great player and much better than a career backup goalie.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
New PP1 Unit please:

Miller - Lindholm - Joshua
Hughes - Zadorov

Get Lindholm to win the draw, park Joshua in front of the net to cause some chaos down low. Hughes can be the usual QB, Miller in his usual spot and Zadorov to fire at will from the point. Try something new FFS!!

Reactions: mathonwy

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
New PP1 Unit please:

Miller - Lindholm - Joshua
Hughes - Zadorov

Get Lindholm to win the draw, park Joshua in front of the net to cause some chaos down low. Hughes can be the usual QB, Miller in his usual spot and Zadorov to fire at will from the point. Try something new FFS!!
This is not the time to be experimenting
We live and die with our top guys and that’s just the way it’s gonna go

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This is just wrong. First goal he slid way out of position, second he left a ton of the top of the net open, and third he let a rebound go straight up the slot. Demko would likely have saved all three.
Demmer is a number one and DeSmith is a back up. Deal with it.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I seem to be in the complete minority, but the more I let the game sink, the more at ease I feel about this game.

In a seven-game series, you can't take all those blocks and take all those hits. I think Nashville runs out of steam before the Canucks do. I've been reading some comments from Nashville, and they aren't ecstatic about this game in the slightest.

At one point, Nashville hadn't gotten a shot on net for more than 20 minutes. Let that sink in for a moment, that's not getting a shot over a period +. That's not just shot effects, that's domination.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Canucks can use a guy with positive energy like Kuzmenko who appears to play like he's having fun because he expects the puck to go in when he shoots, and feels like if if doesn't that's ok, it will go in next time. Although I thought the Canucks played with a lot of energy and had a great game despite the score....just need to tweak a few things to adjust to the Predator's style. Hopefully playing on the road will help take some emotional pressure off of Petterson because he's making way too much for what he is currently doing.
This is kinda why we also missed Myers aside from his hits and play around the crease. Doesn't matter what the game state is, at some point he's gonna start skating the puck up the ice and firing once he reaches the high slot. Even if they're muffins it gets the puck to the other end and gets guys sniffing around the crease. Missed some of that simplicity specially in the 3rd once the Preds started clogging the neutral zone.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I seem to be in the complete minority, but the more I let the game sink, the more at ease I feel about this game.

In a seven-game series, you take all those blocks and take all those hits. I think Nashville runs out of steam before the Canucks do. I've been reading some comments from Nashville, and they aren't ecstatic about this game in the slightest.

At one point, Nashville hadn't gotten a shot on net for more than 20 minutes. Let that sink in for a moment, that's not getting a shot over a period +. That's not just shot effects, that's domination.
Nah fam, I'm with you. The game was frustrating as hell, but we dominated a lot of it.

There were some obvious opportunities for improvement like the PP, but overall we controlled the game.

Full props for Nashville putting their bodies on the line and grinding out the win, but like you said 0 shots for Nashville for like 20 mins~ isn't exactly good.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
There will be something darkly funny if the Canucks blow the series, yet (as is currently trending) Joshua and Zadorov are among the best players and jack their contract values even more. This seems a very "Canucks" turn of events.

As I've mentioned, I still feel good about this series going forward but let's be reality... this scenario you've outlined is indeed the most likely result.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It sucks Petey's having a rough playoff so far but his biggest comparison took a while to get going in the playoffs too. Pavel Datsyuk Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Obviously there's still time for him to turn it around in this series especially after today's performance but no need to run the guy out of town if he doesn't.

Datsyuk was also in his first 3 seasons in the NHL and got paid less than 3M combined over those first 3 seasons.

Albeit this is Petey's first real playoffs; even he continues to suck for the rest of the playoffs I will probably give him a pass but it will only be a one-time pass. Next year he'll be one of the highest paid players in the league and there will be no excuses.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
No bounces, bad luck, frustration builds, squeezing sticks, fear of letting down the fans - it happens. I think they'll be more mentally relaxed on the road. Just hope the flu bug doesn't wreak havoc.

They dominated territorially tonight, and you have to give some credit to the Preds for doing what they had to do to survive.

Reactions: geebaan

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If this was ever the wake up call to fix your shit, then Pettersson should play better in game 3. The hockey world saw his performance tonight, he should feel embarrassed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad