Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks lose to Nashville Predators | 4-1 (Zadorov) | Stars Can't Score

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
@Regal Solid shooters is not high end shooters. Only Boeser has a plus shot on the wing. Hoglander's percentages are high and he's not a distance shooter himself.

Low shot counts thoughout the year. This has been an issue. This game, 84 shot attempts and 18 shots on net... 84 attempts! No one hitting the net.

If you're playing low volume, have the deadly shooters. If you lack the shooters, go high volume on net. Low volume and middling shooting talent missing the net is a loss.
Some of those bounces could have easily been in and then the whole narrative changes. The Canucks generated enough to win this game, full stop. If they keep playing like this then they will win the series.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
All you guys need to chill out with these takes. You are going to look like idiots when he comes back next season strong.

It’s the same thing that Benning bros do when the gloat about Benning moves only to look like absolute dumbasses in like a couple of months.
So we're supposed to be cool with this guy deciding to mail it in every other season and only play when he feels like it? "Oh, don't worry.. he'll better next year!"... holy shit.

Reactions: B-rock

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
All you guys need to chill out with these takes. You are going to look like idiots when he comes back next season strong.

It’s the same thing that Benning bros do when the gloat about Benning moves only to look like absolute dumbasses in like a couple of months.
He needs to come back next game strong, not next season.

He isn't paid the money he gets to come back "next season".

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
The top players need to be performing like top players come game 3, I’ll be swearing up that GDT like no other. Curse words everywhere.
The fan and media shi.tstorm will have ep traded if he doesn't get his act together rightfully so he got paid grow balls and deliver of gtfo

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010
Also - don’t see how we can hang this on DeSmith. A complete fluke, an absolute goal scorer’s goal by Forsberg, and a good initial save with no D clearing up the rebound on the third. He didn’t have much to do, but those three weren’t exactly “OMG he sucks” goals. IMO.
This is just wrong. First goal he slid way out of position, second he left a ton of the top of the net open, and third he let a rebound go straight up the slot. Demko would likely have saved all three.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I have no confidence in desmith. He has no confidence in himself. Was losing his net again. Always checking behind himself. He looks tiny in net.

I go with silovs on Friday.

Agreed. Although I would have rather played Silovs tonight than throwing him to the wolves in Nashville. Don’t want his confidence ruined as well.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'd also just like to address this one with @Bleach Clean since the game thread is closed up. But i'm genuinely curious why you think this is some sort of wild statement, when it's fully and widely evident that it is a true statement about the way that hockey is played. On the Powerplay. Where "Wingers" do not exist.

Winger is a 5v5 position that is dictated by forechecking and defensive systems...and even then, relatively tenuous. None of that even exists on the Powerplay. The best powerplay in the league (and history) is just 3 Centers, a grinder and a Bouche Bomb. So what are you even on about here?

Ah so it was a semantics argument. Ok. There are centres on the PP but no wingers. Are there Dmen? Just trying to figure out what you're saying.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Pettersson just needs 1 thing to go his way. The whole game could have been different if Boeser or Miller score on the setups in the first period. Just to calm the nerves. It's like a golfer who just needs to make a par to get settled into the round but the putts keep lipping out. The longer it goes on the more it gets into your head.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Also - don’t see how we can hang this on DeSmith. A complete fluke, an absolute goal scorer’s goal by Forsberg, and a good initial save with no D clearing up the rebound on the third. He didn’t have much to do, but those three weren’t exactly “OMG he sucks” goals. IMO.

Overplayed the first goal tho I’ll give him a break on that one. But the second was only a goal scorers goal because he caught Desmith leaning and leaving the space open. And the third goal was a bad rebound even if someone should have cleared. He was giving out rebounds regularly.

I’m not giving up on Desmith yet as we’ve seen him be much better, but he does need to step it up. If he’s better in the next game then great, carry on.

But if he has another game like that I reckon it would be time to go to Silovs. The Canucks simply cannot wait for him to find his game

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Some of those bounces could have easily been in and then the whole narrative changes. The Canucks generated enough to win this game, full stop. If they keep playing like this then they will win the series.

If the team does this thing for the whole season, is it what they do or is it a narrative?

Reactions: B-rock

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’m pretty sure it’s just semantics. BC is saying the team only has one skater who plays as a winger 5v5 who is also a useful PP player.

I mean...maybe...but i'd like to hear if that's what it's about. Because honestly...that's a totally bogus reason. It literally doesn't matter. You can put 4 Centers on the Powerplay. Heck put 5 out there who cares.

But if your supposed "Superstars" and $11M powerplay engines can't get anything done...it doesn't matter if Pettersson is a Center or a Winger. It's not going to work.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Overplayed the first goal tho I’ll give him a break on that one. But the second was only a goal scorers goal because he caught Desmith leaning and leaving the space open. And the third goal was a bad rebound even if someone should have cleared. He was giving out rebounds regularly.

I’m not giving up on Desmith yet as we’ve seen him be much better, but he does need to step it up. If he’s better in the next game then great, carry on.

But if he has another game like that I reckon it would be time to go to Silovs. The Canucks simply cannot wait for him to find his game

agreed with everything but I wouldn’t even give him another game. We need to split in Nashville now.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
This is just wrong. First goal he slid way out of position, second he left a ton of the top of the net open, and third he let a rebound go straight up the slot. Demko would likely have saved all three.

Good d coverage would take away 2 ep gives puck away and blows his coverage on one lets his man free on another you cannot do that and win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad