Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks lose to Nashville Predators | 4-1 (Zadorov) | Stars Can't Score

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Need to figure out how to not have all our shots blocked.
Top 6 needs to be better, Petey and Boeser.
CdS needs to stop f***ing over committing to everything.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Miller, Pettersson and Boeser have to be way better next game. Bullshit by all 3 guys.

Game to maybe put in Silovs was tonight. Not sure you can put him in for Game 3.

Whatever the case...team needs to grab the lead. You cannot keep going down each game.

Reactions: wonton15 and Red

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Miller, Boeser, Pettersson - MIA.
Hoglander, where you at dawg? I thought you were supposed to be this rough ryder?
Power play has come back to bite us in the ass, 4 PP attempts and no goals.
No adjustments.

Play f***ing better you stank ass, bitch ass sons of f***ing bitches for game 3.

f***ing useless tonight, see you Friday and hopefully adjusted.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
We're lucky to be 1-1, tbh. We were 12 seconds away from losing game 1 and being down 0-2, both games on home ice. OTOH, 0 goals on the PP all series needs to even out at some point. Even if Pettersson continues to suck the rest of the PP should at least normalize to 20%+ by the end of the series. Figure it out and win at least one game in Nashville and you're in a pretty good spot to take the series at home in 6.
they dont ask how, they ask how many

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Loss is on 2 ep f ups add Hughes terrible 1st period and one momentum killer penalty .
Tocchet needs to put boots up both their asses after this they played well enough lost on weak brain mistakes

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Victor Wembenyama was playing for the Preds tonight - just infinite blocks :laugh:

One of the weirdest games I've watched, could only laugh. Every mistake ended up in the back of the net & more. The stars could not break through at all.

You play like this and you win 9 times out of 10, just frustrating to be on the 1/10 in a playoff series without your second best player.

JT Miller, Petey, and Boesser all need to ask themselves if they're okay with getting outplayed by Anthony Beauvillier, and then step up their game accordingly.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I want to see every single player with even a modicum of a hard shot (Hronek, Miller, etc) absolutely hammering it every chance they get.

Let the Predators get banged up trying to block shots.

By Game 5 or 6, they'll be so sore that either:

They'll stop trying to block shots, giving us more scoring chances

or

They'll be banged up and move slower, get up slower from hits, etc, giving us more chances to retrieve and retain the puck

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Pettersson needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and figure out if he really wants to play in this city. He's completely in his own head.

Right now, it looks like he would rather be on a beach somewhere with a drink in his hand.

It's honestly terrifying that he's going into next season making $4 million more than he is today. He's not even playing up to his current cap hit.
His contract will cripple this team for the next 8 years.

Unreal that only a few people seen the writing on the wall.

He is a worse version of Marner.

• Wow
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pettersson and Boeser need to show up. Miller has at least been good outside a lack of offense but those two have been either awful or invisible.

Speaking of invisible, what the hell happened to Hoglander? I think I can't how many times he's been mentioned in two games on just one hand. Absolutely terrible showing for him so far.

Pius Suter being our best offensive threat in the top six is embarrassing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Probably the worst puck luck I can recall us having. Multiple open nets missed, multiple posts, multiple broken sticks on prime chances - just not our night.

Our top guys need to find a way to get going, especially on the PP. The Preds are sacrificing everything to block shots, which doesn’t feel sustainable long term - but over a short series, you’ve got to figure out a way to deal with that. And it’s not just Petey - Miller and Boeser need to find ways to break through, too.

Keep working like we did tonight and I think good things will happen. But we need more shots on net. Getting less than 20 a game is a significant advantage for the Preds.

Couple of days rest before Game 3 on Friday. Hopefully some of our banged up guys can recuperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad