WCQF Game 7 - Vegas in the Big D.... but it will always be Ickle Diddykins to me. | 4:30PM

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Dallas was the better team throughout this series but man it is frustrating to lose such a low scoring series where the other teams scores so many fluke goals.

Hertl 1 point -6
Stephenson 1 point
Petro 1 point
Theodore 0 points
Marchy 1 point in the last 5 games
Stone 3 points. Sad the guy who could barely skate out produced all these guys.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dallas was the better team throughout this series but man it is frustrating to lose such a low scoring series where the other teams scores so many fluke goals.

Hertl 1 point -6
Stephenson 1 point
Petro 1 point
Theodore 0 points
Marchy 1 point in the last 5 games
Stone 3 points. Sad the guy who could barely skate out produced all these guys.

Marchessault and Eichel also missed wide open nets, they were too injured this year and got less of the breaks so they lose a tight series to a good team. I don't think Dallas was necessarily the better team throughout the series.

I didn't really expect us to go back to back but another Cup in the next three seasons remains possible, though always less likely because there's good teams every season.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Marchessault and Eichel also missed wide open nets, they were too injured this year and got less of the breaks so they lose a tight series to a good team. I don't think Dallas was necessarily the better team throughout the series.

I didn't really expect us to go back to back but another Cup in the next three seasons remains possible, though always less likely because there's good teams every season.

Largely agree. Can’t say I’m too dischuffed. They tried hard with some players visibly showing wear & tear by the end, and pushed a 1st seed to 7 games.

Hoping for a Canes/Stars Final now, and already looking forward to next year…..so I can stop hearing people whine about McCrimmon discovering fire while their respective GMs are still throwing rocks at cats.

Go Knights Go, MMXXV Edition!

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
For me this was the most pessimistic I had ever felt going into the postseason. It’s the lowest seed in the postseason the team ever had, the toughest path to win it, the highest number of injuries, the worse chemistry, the least effort, and the worst the team ever played going into the playoffs.

Reactions: hangman005

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Yeah, it's pretty clear injuries, cup hangover and just general fatigue caught up with the team.. it happens..

Took a FANTASTIC Dallas team to 7 games.. Not the worst thing to happen and that open net and post go in, we're moving on to Round 2. That's hockey.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Through 3 games of this Colorado series Dallas has been the far better team. Dallas never had a 3 goal lead on us. Makes it sting a bit more that we came up JUST short.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Through 3 games of this Colorado series Dallas has been the far better team. Dallas never had a 3 goal lead on us. Makes it sting a bit more that we came up JUST short.

Meh, i am over it already. It just wasn't their year. It was quite obvious from watching the 2nd half of the season. They were quite lucky that they even made the playoffs.

Even if they got past the Stars, i don't think it would have been easy against the Avs. Would have probably been again too much passing and too much shooting right at the goalie or shots that miss the net. Geogiev sucks though, so who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad