WCQF Game 6: San Jose @ Vegas | 4:00PM PDT | NBCSN, TVAS, SN, SN360, NBCSCA, ATTSN-RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
As for the horrid penalty call after they let let a ton of other stuff go Deboer more or less said the Sharks were told late in the first OT that they were on thin ice and the next infraction was gonna be called after the two blatant trips. I give the officials credit for at least trying not to decide it for as long as they did

Vegas had a blatant trip on Pavelski and plenty of other stuff that wasn’t called. I like that the refs were letting both teams play, but it’s ridiculous to single out either one as being on “thin ice.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Anyway.... congrats to the Sharks..... Please get rid of the Golden Knights!~!!! A freak expansion team that needs to go...

I don’t think they’re a fluke anymore but they are undoubtedly gonna spoil fans in Seattle into thinking they’re expansion team will be as good. For one, no goalie as good as Fleury will be available in the draft and you can sure of that.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Vegas had a blatant trip on Pavelski and plenty of other stuff that wasn’t called. I like that the refs were letting both teams play, but it’s ridiculous to single out either one as being on “thin ice.

I didn’t catch that one or just don’t remember it. There were two brutal trips though that negated Vegas scoring chances that weren’t called

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Unpopular opinion, but I really think that was the series. To fight so far and go 2 OTs with the chance to wrap it up at home and the failure to do so has to be devastating to Vegas. The longer that game went the worse it was gonna be if SJ scored, and they did just that.

SJ has all the momentum after that and are going back home. It's hard to imagine Vegas taking it.

Yeah yeah I know anything could happen, just saying I don't see it in this series like I do in say Boston v Toronto where it seems more wide open.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Unpopular opinion, but I really think that was the series. To fight so far and go 2 OTs with the chance to wrap it up at home and the failure to do so has to be devastating to Vegas. The longer that game went the worse it was gonna be if SJ scored, and they did just that.

SJ has all the momentum after that and are going back home. It's hard to imagine Vegas taking it.

Yeah yeah I know anything could happen, just saying I don't see it in this series like I do in say Boston v Toronto where it seems more wide open.
Hahaha you clearly aren't a sharks fan. We are being set up for a major game 7 meltdown.

mfw13

Oct 20, 2006

I hope you're right, but FWIW, of the last seven teams to win Game 6 on the road to force a Game 7, five of them have lost Game 7 at home.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Neutral viewers - was this the best game of the season?
It was up there. One of the best for me but as a neutral I still enjoyed game 4 of the Colorado-Calgary series. Similar in thst it was also an OT game that featured an excellent goaltending performance.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
One of the best postseason games thus far. A little of everything, and low scoring.

SJ played stout D, VGK had very little space; most of their chances were from low danger areas.

Had MAF had that stoppable shot, that was going to 3OT.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Could go both ways. Fleury seems well-liked by teammates, and it's obvious this team has had strong chemistry right from the start. I have a feeling they rally around Fleury and the best team will win based on skill, and not because of a beaten mentality.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

I don't think so, that team is pretty battle-tested. Mark Stone too was on the losing end of a Conference Final–Game 7 overtime not long ago. It's also hard to imagine a great coach like Gallant not immediately smacking the first hint of the womp-womps right off their faces lol.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
One important thing that this game really reminded me of, is that Nosek’s name, in Russian, is a cute way saying “lil’ nose”.

So. There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad