Post-Game Talk: WCQF Game 5: Perds at Whales 4/30 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I know there is a lot of Willie hate but in this interview he pretty much admits he knew nothing about hockey when he got the job (he did play minor league baseball in Moose Jaw, so there’s that. It’s an interesting interview and brings back a lot of memories about the good ol’ days (sometimes) of Nashville sports radio.

It's been well over a decade now as full time play by play .... nearing 20 since he started working for the Preds.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
1714538699565.png

MadMax5150

Mar 28, 2024
I’d rather listen to a guy that knows hockey regardless of how he pronounces the players names than a guy that knows the players names and doesn’t know hockey.
I'd rather have the homer. That probably says more about my knowledge of hockey than anything else. I've been a VERY casual fan of the Preds since the beginning.... Only a rabid fan for the last few years.. I'm still a noob.

Reactions: hido and bdub24

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
It's been well over a decade now as full time play by play .... nearing 20 since he started working for the Preds.
It was interesting interview, especially if you’ve been here a long time. If not, no reason to listen. My biggest problem with Willie is “Oh, my laundry!” That’s so cringey.

No one is going to top Pete and Terry. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad