WCQF Game 5: Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets | 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, USA, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
wonder if myers is hoping to meet up with his good buddy on the wild tonight?

edit: Absolutely gorgeous weather today and tonight for this game. Which is merciful because if there ever was a day to walk instead of drive to the game today is it. Its going to be insane around the arena tonight.
Sounds like they've been at each other's throats. Sad to see.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Finally some good news for the Jets injury wise, Myers is back. Even with him back 50% of our D during the game are AHL guys playing above their head.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
With Myers and Poolman in. The Jets have 4 RHD, and 2 LHD. Wonder how the pairings shake out without Morrissey.

We have..

LD
Niku
Morrow
Chiarot

RD
Buff
Trouba
Myers
Poolman

Niku should still draw in even with Myers back, unless we'd rather throw one of our RD on their offside. The only one that can do that is Poolman and I'd rather have Niku in on his side then put Poolman on the left.

Niku - Trouba
Morrow - Buff
Chiarot - Myers

rabbitca

Dec 18, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Tonight is going to be crazy in Winnipeg. If anyone wants a laugh, here's a video of the 4/20 celebration that will be going on just blocks away from the Whiteout Party at the MTS Centre. It's going to get wild.

Nov 24, 2006
I don't see why Niku would not play.

Niku - Trouba
Morrow - Buff
Chiarot- Myers
Poolman out

The obvious answer is the coaching staff feel more comfortable with Poolman compared to Niku. Not a slight to Niku, but Poolman has 24 NHL games to his credit at least, while Niku has just 1.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Should we even participate in this, or should we just let Jets fans do a 24 hour victory lap?
You sound like Bruce: bitter. Jets have played very well even though they’ve played with upwards of their 7, 8 & 9th defensemen and a couple rookies. Jets fans should feel good. Don’t rain on the parade...

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I don't see why Niku would not play.

Niku - Trouba
Morrow - Buff
Chiarot- Myers
Poolman out

Depends on what Mau and Huddy decide but I wouldn't be super surprised to see this

Trouba / Myers
Morrow / Buff
Chairot / Poolman...

It's either that or this tweak

Chiarot / Trouba
Morrow / Buff
Poolman / Myers

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
We have..

LD
Niku
Morrow
Chiarot

RD
Buff
Trouba
Myers
Poolman

Niku should still draw in even with Myers back, unless we'd rather throw one of our RD on their offside. The only one that can do that is Poolman and I'd rather have Niku in on his side then put Poolman on the left.

Niku - Trouba
Morrow - Buff
Chiarot - Myers

Hasn't Poolman mostly played the left side this season?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You sound like Bruce: bitter. Jets have played very well even though they’ve played with upwards of their 7, 8 & 9th defensemen and a couple rookies. Jets fans should feel good. Don’t rain on the parade...

It was self-deprecating because I expect tonight's game to mirror games 1 and 2.

I agree that you guys should feel good.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Wild have had a small edge over Jets on special teams but nowhere else. Stay out of the box Jets and keep up the forecheck.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Morrow on the second line ayyyy

He was barely keeping up in 3rd pair in MTL

good thing u have way better players around him

Morrow has been playing second pairing basically since he got here because of the injuries and has been a very pleasant surprise.
He even scored the game winner in game 1.

For a guy who was supposed to be press box only he has been VERY good.
Playing with Buff also helps.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
5th game, and I still don’t hate the Wild. They could be leading the series, and I’d still feel the same. Unlike the Ducks, who were a bunch of goons. And back in the 80’s/90’s. Tim Hunter of the Flames, Oilers’ Glenn Anderson, and Canucks’ Sergio Momesso were the ones that irritated me. Maybe Boudreau is right. There isn’t a rivalry here.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Morrow has been playing second pairing basically since he got here because of the injuries and has been a very pleasant surprise.
He even scored the game winner in game 1.

For a guy who was supposed to be press box only he has been VERY good.
Playing with Buff also helps.

Buff tends to make his partner look really good. He moves the puck so well and tilts the ice, which makes the minutes a lot easier. His flaw, that he occasionally gives up odd man rushes against, typically excuse the partner if they play it even half decently.

Before Morrow it was Chiarot. Before that it was Clitsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad