WCQF Game 5: Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets | 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, USA, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This isn't even fair. Minni should just forfeit the last period.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm sure Pens win the Stanley cups without Crosby or Hawks without Kane... Thanks for playing along though.
That Pens team was deep enough to get it done without a Crosby imo, Kane for the Hawks might have driven a little too much of their offense, but even they had an insane roster from top to bottom for their first cup.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets playing prevent defence. Ragging the puck and killing time

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Eh you don't replace guy who's constantly among the top in the Norris voting with depth. That's the difference between Jets and Wild's injuries. You just can't replace guys like Suter,Doughty,Karlsson etc.
You can replace Kulikov, Perreault etc.

Stop acting like Morrissey/ Ehlers aren't players.

One is a 1st pair D-man and the other 1st line winger.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
even at 1/4 speed the Jets are generating effortless scoring chances.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
How was that a penalty? Maybe I missed something. But I assume this is just the refs trying to manufacture competition...

Reactions: Moon Man

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
You guys are free to check the TOI numbers for Wild defenseman this series if you think that having Kulikov/Enstrom out is in any way equivalent to that loss

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Props to Hellebuyck. He’s awesome and has been a game changer this series.

stranger

Jan 18, 2015
MN
A little boy laces up his skates as his grandfather speaks:

"One Friday night in Winnipeg back in 2018 when I was about your age, the Jets ran the Wild out of the building for their first series win. The coach of the other team, a portly little fellow whose name I can't remember, turned a shade of red I'd never seen before or since. They say he lost his mind that night and spent the rest of his days running up to people and motioning with an imaginary hockey stick as though he was cross-checking them".

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Ahhhh the classic:
74cfa3c821d38494f8b159e556e3ffc7.jpg

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

"One Friday night in Winnipeg back in 2018 when I was about your age, the Jets ran the Wild out of the building for their first series win. The coach of the other team, a portly little fellow whose name I can't remember, turned a shade of red I'd never seen before or since. They say he lost his mind that night and spent the rest of his days running up to people and motioning with an imaginary hockey stick as though he was cross-checking them".

Better than Hartman motioning to his crotch for the rest of his days. Something tells me he wouldn't be welcome near playgrounds.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015

"With a constant unwavering stream of water coming from his eyes!"

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Eh you don't replace guy who's constantly among the top in the Norris voting with depth. That's the difference between Jets and Wild's injuries. You just can't replace guys like Suter,Doughty,Karlsson etc.
You can replace Kulikov, Perreault etc.
Yet you said Parise is also a loss that the Jets can't compare to when they have a better player in Ehlers injured.

The Jets also played a long stretch of the season without Trouba and Scheifele.

Suter is great but he's only one player. He would make very little difference to the fact the Jets are a faster, more skilled and more physical team at every position.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Jets wanted to make sure the series was ending tonight and they did the job right from the start of the 1st period. What's there not to like about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad