GDT: WCQF Game 3: Wild @ Blues | 2PM CT / 9PM Finland | NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
You'd think all the accumulated playoff experience by now, "veteran leadership" and **** like that would mean that games like this wouldn't happen where we sleepwalk through the first period wouldn't happen in the playoffs but whaddyaknow, they find a way to completely **** the bed.

Some odd comments about effort and heart and trying.

We were the better team games 1 and 2 and there were times we were the better team tonight ... we're just up against a hot goalie and Yeo has our number unfortunately.

Did you happen to see the first period? Absolutely unacceptable showing. Just plain gross.

Shakeywalton

Jul 7, 2006
I'm so sick of this team. So sick of their laziness and inability to use their brains -- assuming they even care. They're playing like it doesn't even matter.

This will probably be the last season I'll be making an effort to watch. Not worth the time nor frustration to see the same collapse year after year with no attempt to fix their problems. They appear to give up and check out far too often.

Agreed!!!

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
You'd think all the accumulated playoff experience by now, "veteran leadership" and **** like that would mean that games like this wouldn't happen where we sleepwalk through the first period wouldn't happen in the playoffs but whaddyaknow, they find a way to completely **** the bed.

Did you happen to see the first period? Absolutely unacceptable showing. Just plain gross.

Yep. I did. One period and it was ugly. But we were only down 1 at the end of it.... we didn't lose the game because of 1 period.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It felt much worse after the 2nd loss. Kind of started to prepare myself for this, I guess.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Lots of emotional comments here but that's what it is; you just feel sad it's unfolding like this. Came to say that what I've seen is an insane amount of bad luck and good defense destroying your team. Wild have been the better team for 80% of the time. Luck is a factor in this game of hockey and it's visible in this series.

It'd be unfair to just bash the players because from where I've been watching this as a relatively neutral viewer they've been better than the Blues.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
All you Brodin fans see who was on the ice at the end?

And NO, I'm not just talking about post goalie-pull.

Brodin is now part of the 3rd paring defensive lineup. He's a small, soft defenseman and this series has exposed that issue.

He will be, as he should be, exposed to the expansion draft.

Stick a fork in this Wild team. this series is over.

Time to bring up Tuch!

Oh and Dumba is providing mountains of offense isn't he? Yeah right. Even now I am still protecting Brodin over Dumba. And it's not even close.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lots of emotional comments here but that's what it is; you just feel sad it's unfolding like this. Came to say that what I've seen is an insane amount of bad luck and good defense destroying your team. Wild have been the better team for 80% of the time. Luck is a factor in this game of hockey and it's visible in this series.

It'd be unfair to just bash the players because from where I've been watching this as a relatively neutral viewer they've been better than the Blues.

Rational comments??? GTFO! :laugh:

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
White gave what Boudreau was hoping for out of a line-up change, drawing 2 penalties.

Unfortunately the team still looks like a bunch of 3rd liners.

Injuries aren't to blame this year. Fire the coach again I guess? Fletcher seems insistent that this core of players can win, and Leipold seems fine with it.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Lol, get swept you losers
Might as well. Why prolong the inevitable.

Some odd comments about effort and heart and trying.

We were the better team games 1 and 2 and there were times we were the better team tonight ... we're just up against a hot goalie and Yeo has our number unfortunately.
IMO that's no excuse. It's the playoffs, you're going against the best teams in the league. You either overcome the difficult challenge, or you don't.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Yep. I did. One period and it was ugly. But we were only down 1 at the end of it.... we didn't lose the game because of 1 period.

There's absolutely no room for periods like that in playoffs. And what's been proven time and again, is that Wild can show some hustle when coming down 1 or 2 goals, like they did today, but it's the kind of hustle that amounts to nothing. It's nice looking, and sometimes we get a goal off it, but right after the goal we take the foot off the pedal and let the opponent score again so we can be at a position we are most comfortable with - trailing, and ultimately losing. Happened today and has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad