Post-Game Talk: WCQF- Game 3 Whales @ Predators 4/26 6:30PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The reverse of game 2. They got the lead and then held on for dear life. Lauzon cant clear the crease and McCarron taking a completely unnecessary stupid shot at at their goalie behind the net.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Oh one other then. Holy f*** were the vibes just off last night before the game. Like so far off.

Nervous energy from everyone around me before the anthem.

No "run this town" to start with a slow, aimless opening. The anthem singer (sorry I don't know country music) was so slow that any energy was sapped. She did a great job, if she was doing it for a non sporting event.

Stop with the celebrity nonsense. Bring back Dennis K Morgan. Bring back "run this town" for game 3. Even better, bring back Pekka or someone to get the crowd going to start the game.

Bring back the hype!

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
It was a really lame pregame. Joe Dee Messina hype video? The catfish thing is played out, especially this early in the playoffs. No video on the ice. Plus, people are going to have to wrap their head around the fact that if they want to be in their seats at puck drop then they need to leave 30-60 minutes earlier than they used to (certainly on weekends). Last night you had shows at Ryman, Schermerhorn, it was the night before the marathon, and Preds all added up to a parking/closed road shit show. It’s just part of living in a boom town.

Also, can someone explain to me why the hell they played the Simple Minds song? It wasn’t funny, ironic, a “gotcha,” or anything else. It was just cringe.

All of that being said, if we had scored two goals in the first and held on and won then the place would have been going f’ing crazy. I believe we still got it in us. Just need a reason to let it out.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It was a really lame pregame. Joe Dee Messina hype video? The catfish thing is played out, especially this early in the playoffs. No video on the ice. Plus, people are going to have to wrap their head around the fact that if they want to be in their seats at puck drop then they need to leave 30-60 minutes earlier than they used to (certainly on weekends). Last night you had shows at Ryman, Schermerhorn, it was the night before the marathon, and Preds all added up to a parking/closed road shit show. It’s just part of living in a boom town.

Also, can someone explain to me why the hell they played the Simple Minds song? It wasn’t funny, ironic, a “gotcha,” or anything else. It was just cringe.

All of that being said, if we had scored two goals in the first and held on and won then the place would have been going f’ing crazy. I believe we still got it in us. Just need a reason to let it out.
They need to scrap whatever it is they are doing and get back to what they used too. Load up something from the mid 2000's and let it rip. Most of that stuff still works.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
Oh one other then. Holy f*** were the vibes just off last night before the game. Like so far off.

Nervous energy from everyone around me before the anthem.

No "run this town" to start with a slow, aimless opening. The anthem singer (sorry I don't know country music) was so slow that any energy was sapped. She did a great job, if she was doing it for a non sporting event.

Stop with the celebrity nonsense. Bring back Dennis K Morgan. Bring back "run this town" for game 3. Even better, bring back Pekka or someone to get the crowd going to start the game.

Bring back the hype!
Of all the playoff games I have seen that was the lamest pregame music ever. The crowd was not ready or cared , just another day in Noshville we may have become pompus over entertained I do not know. It was so bad that I don't how long we will have a hockey team.

Reactions: bdub24

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
And the crowd could sing along...Bubbly toes (Colbie Callet) singer is cute but not the answer...Kelly Clarkson redux from the anahiem series in 17

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
if they insist on going with a celebrity/country singer to do the anthem , get Faith Hill or Vince Gill. They can do beautiful renditions of the song at the correct tempo and everyone in Nashville loves them.

Let Evangelista do the pregame hype video. Kid is funny and full of energy. Or they could go with one of the Titans players like Lewan maybe.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I
if they insist on going with a celebrity/country singer to do the anthem , get Faith Hill or Vince Gill. They can do beautiful renditions of the song at the correct tempo and everyone in Nashville loves them.
I thought the whole pre game was CHEAP , and lame. Maybe this team is broke , and can't afford a real NHL production. We are 2nd tier to every other NHL team , you know with Utah's owners deep pockets they are going to amp up things. Does this lack of spirit from Hockey Ops. , from fans, and finally to NHL players lead back to when Free agents put Nashville as last place players wanted to sign with.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I

I thought the whole pre game was CHEAP , and lame. Maybe this team is broke , and can't afford a real NHL production. We are 2nd tier to every other NHL team , you know with Utah's owners deep pockets they are going to amp up things. Does this lack of spirit from Hockey Ops. , from fans, and finally to NHL players lead back to when Free agents put Nashville as last place players wanted to sign with.

I can't disagree more with this idea. Bridgestone/Preds have proven throughout the years that they can put on one of the best shows in the league. They just miss sometimes with bad ideas.

A lot of the issues I have is trying to make it a "Nashville" experience, rather than a "Predators Hockey" experience. They don't have to try so hard sometimes, just let the hockey be the draw.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I can't disagree more with this idea. Bridgestone/Preds have proven throughout the years that they can put on one of the best shows in the league. They just miss sometimes with bad ideas.

A lot of the issues I have is trying to make it a "Nashville" experience, rather than a "Predators Hockey" experience. They don't have to try so hard sometimes, just let the hockey be the draw.
Hopefully your right. At last nights game it felt dead! I'am a hockey fan first , not football . I watch all the NHL playoff games , these playoffs are on fire all the arenas are lit with one exception so far Quiteville. I felt no energy in that arena last night what I did feel shockingly was apathy . Maybe our local media is to blame also because all I have been hearing about is the NFL draft. I'am pretty sure if Milwaukee had a NHL team they would be going crazy right now. I don't care how you slice it last nights game ops was cheap money wise , minor hockey teams put fourth more than that.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I

I get that you may be a bit upset about last night’s game but this is about of an over the top reaction.

The players are going to be fine. Trotz said before this season that it would take about three years to get the roster to be at a Stanley Cup competing roster. We all know the deficiencies with this roster and Trotz will continue to tweak it along in the right direction this offseason.

The team will soon have a majority owner with some extremely deep pockets as well. As soon as the transition to Haslam is complete, a deep pocket owner will not be a problem. Whether he likes to spend a crap tin of money on his new toy is a topic we will all have to wait and see on.

The days of Nashville being on players no trade lists or refusing to talk with in free agency are over. Nashville is a great town with some fantastic suburbs. There are decent public schools and phenomenal private schools. Great climate with plenty of activities for players and players families to do in their down time. Plus it’s a no income tax state which makes the team an attractive landing spot.

Step back from the ledge, take a deep breath. The team is in a good place with a bright future.

Reactions: hido

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I get that you may be a bit upset about last night’s game but this is about of an over the top reaction.

The players are going to be fine. Trotz said before this season that it would take about three years to get the roster to be at a Stanley Cup competing roster. We all know the deficiencies with this roster and Trotz will continue to tweak it along in the right direction this offseason.

The team will soon have a majority owner with some extremely deep pockets as well. As soon as the transition to Haslam is complete, a deep pocket owner will not be a problem. Whether he likes to spend a crap tin of money on his new toy is a topic we will all have to wait and see on.

The days of Nashville being on players no trade lists or refusing to talk with in free agency are over. Nashville is a great town with some fantastic suburbs. There are decent public schools and phenomenal private schools. Great climate with plenty of activities for players and players families to do in their down time. Plus it’s a no income tax state which makes the team an attractive landing spot.

Step back from the ledge, take a deep breath. The team is in a good place with a bright future.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
No... My problem is not with the team I thought they played great last night` My problem is with how dead that building was at the begining before the puck drop. the Hockeys ops. did not help. Lame fans are to blame as well ! The Hockey Ops. was really bad it was embarrassing to that was national tv broadcast game. Visiting Canucks fans , and players had to be laughing to themselves lol. After being in their arena. Boston makes the playoffs every year, and every year they rock. All I'am saying is if the NHL was a radio Nashville would be the soft rock AM channel.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
ADVERTISEMENT; Hey are your kids having a hard time sleeping at night? Take them to a Nashville Predators home playoff game...............................................Yours truly NASHVILLE PREDATORS Zac Geheart , and Game presentation staff.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's basically the 1st time I've seen that happen in the playoffs. One stinker is bound to happen over the course of 25 years. It's not that big of a deal unless it continues to happen.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We did have a butts in seats problem at the start of the game that also didn’t help with the noise level.

With that said, and to further the hockey ops stuff, when did they decide it was a good idea to have the cheer crew walking up and down the stairs holding signs that read ‘be loud’ or whatever. It look so cheesy.

Anyone else think the speaker sounds have gotten a little ridiculous this season? We started wearing earplugs. Maybe it’s just our general vicinity or something because we noticed a lot of regulars also wear them.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
We did have a butts in seats problem at the start of the game that also didn’t help with the noise level.

With that said, and to further the hockey ops stuff, when did they decide it was a good idea to have the cheer crew walking up and down the stairs holding signs that read ‘be loud’ or whatever. It look so cheesy.

Anyone else think the speaker sounds have gotten a little ridiculous this season? We started wearing earplugs. Maybe it’s just our general vicinity or something because we noticed a lot of regulars also wear them.
Oh yeah, forgot about the cheer crew. WTF????

The volume during warm-ups and during breaks is awful. Has been for awhile. It’s basically impossible to have a conversation when the puck is not in play. No one enjoys it, especially while the players are simply warming up. It was not always this way.

The funny thing about all this bitching is that overall I thing the Org does a really good of incrementally improving the barn every year. They don’t let it get ridiculously run down and then do a massive overall. They just continuously improve, IMO. It’s just the game ops have gone to hell since the pandemic.

Reactions: LCPreds

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Since the cup run, the arena has gotten a lot more corporate. Corporate people aren’t going to be the boisterous fanatics like the people that used to could afford to go to games.

Reactions: Armourboy

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023

Since the cup run, the arena has gotten a lot more corporate. Corporate people aren’t going to be the boisterous fanatics like the people that used to could afford to go to games.
plus they have to conserve their energy for the puff diddy type parties they attend to after the games

• Haha
Reactions: Softball99

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Between the more corporate atmosphere mentioned earlier (has become a problem all over the league, perhaps moreso in most markets than Nashville) and the relative mediocrity of the team for several years running, it's not surprising the crowds have been a bit more subdued.

It's probably going to take winning at least a round before we see the old excitement truly come back. This year was fun with the run down the stretch, but in the end the team is in the same position it has been since 2019ish- the fringe of the playoffs and a probable first round exit. It's up to Trotz to push it in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad