WCQF Game 3: Nashville Predators (1) @ Colorado Avalanche (WC2) 10 ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN, ALT, FS-TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How is Rinne on the road so bad?

How is Nate at home so good, is the better question :yo:
The depth is there, it's just very young. We're not supposed to be in the playoffs right now. We really were supposed to be picking Top 5-7 this year. But Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog decided they didn't want that this year.

Eh, even once those kids are more experienced I think we need another top scorer like MacK / Mikko / Landy / Jost for the second line. I'm not sold on any of ghetto / Kerfoot / Compher getting good enough for that. Shvyry could if he comes over, and if he does we could be set once Bowers/Kamenev are in their primes; but that's a ways away.
This might sound crazy but I actually think Bernier is better for the Avs than Varlamov. Bernier is actually a very good puck handler and has good rebound control, this helps the Avs speedy group a lot more than just a goalie who sure is much better at saving pucks than Bernier but is not going to help the Avs escape a Nashville hammering if they're stuck in their own zone.

Eh, Varly also steals goals for them on the road, which we need more than the boost that we get from Bernier's far superior puck-skills. The biggest difference in games 1 & 2 was that Rinne was stealing goals for them and Bernie wasn't for us...well that and the insane push the Preds made in game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad