Post-Game Talk: WCQF-Game 2 Predators @ Whales 4/23 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The 3rd looked eerily reminiscent of the 2nd Islanders/Carolina game when Carolina kept the puck in the offensive zone for minute after minute after minute. Saros and some off target shooting saved us from another epic collapse, but there was a lot of just hanging on by a thread there.

Getting the PP at the end really helped relieve the pressure as well.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Fell asleep and missed the third, not sure I "want" to watch it but I probably will.
It look’s very much like this.

IMG_0226.jpeg

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah, sounds like it. Still want to see what went wrong, they seems to be getting in a groove during the second. Did the penalty completely derail that?
Preds weren't pressuring or challenging anything but Vancouver seemed happy to just move it around and drop it back to the point for a long screen shot on Saros, Preds would then block the shot and then, repeat.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm not even sure it wasn't the plan. They had a lot of time in the zone but they didn't really do anything with it but just skate around the outside and shoot into legs.
I think it was for sure the plan in the 3rd. This team has been aggressive in the neutral zone all season. Last night, they just gave up the zone entries.

Reactions: bdub24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah I'm sure the plan wasn't to give up that much zone time, but it was probably crowd the net and make sure they didn't get open looks. They did that really successfully. I think we're also still trying to get back that third period conditioning after the really long layoff. Both games we've slowed down a lot in the 3rd period.

It got overshadowed by the 3rd but we looked really great in the 2nd too. Dominant on the puck and the whole team working as a unit which is exactly what has brought us so much success in the latter half of this season.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah I'm sure the plan wasn't to give up that much zone time, but it was probably crowd the net and make sure they didn't get open looks. They did that really successfully. I think we're also still trying to get back that third period conditioning after the really long layoff. Both games we've slowed down a lot in the 3rd period.

It got overshadowed by the 3rd but we looked really great in the 2nd too. Dominant on the puck and the whole team working as a unit which is exactly what has brought us so much success in the latter half of this season.
This is true, and also true in moments of the 1st, you know when we weren't on the pk....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, sounds like it. Still want to see what went wrong, they seems to be getting in a groove during the second. Did the penalty completely derail that?
To my untrained eye, Vancouver came out pushing really hard, as you would expect from a team down 2 at home. Preds weathered the storm, and once they got midway through the period and were still up 2 goals, they definitely went into full "don't f*** this up " mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad