GDT: WCQF | G3 | “Welcome to Holloway” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.26.24 | 8:30PM | Staples Center | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’m clapping for this.

“Something is wrong if Doughty is on a clear breakaway” lol.

I’m admittedly very nervous at times when Skinner is in net because you can definitely tell when he’s off. But it would be the same with most goalies in net when the oilers are make those types of doughty breakaway/Kempe wide open look games.

There have honestly been times and last game was one of them when you can see that Skinner is looking uncomfortable or off and I wonder if it would be smart to toss Pickard in after 2/3 goals. But on the flip side we’ve seen plenty of examples of Skinner giving up a couple on the first 5-6 shots and then stone walling the rest of the way. But there are some nights I’m watching and I feel like he’s looking off and they should consider swapping him for Picksrd for the rest of the game.
Skinner's the literal back-up plan. Problem is the Oilers bet $25 million on a veteran guy to be their largely final missing piece. Getting it so badly wrong put this most critical position in the hands of an NHL rookie... now second year guy.

I viewed Skinner making this team as maybe growing into a hopeful competent NHL back-up. No where did I imagine a Cup hopeful team would be running him as a #1 as a rookie and now sophomore. Frankly this team is fortunate this guy hasn't melted down entirely under the pressure. But here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad