GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

The Highlight of Game 1?

• The donair cannon

• Klim Kostin

• Hyman hatty

• Putting up a touchdown

• Finally winning a game 1 (at home)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

Game Day: Wednesday April 24th 2024
Game Time: 8:00 PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

-----

extralarge.png

Adam Henrique - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Warren Foegele
Evander Kane - Ryan McLeod - Corey Perry
Dylan Holloway - Connor Carrick - Mattias Janmark

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Cody Ceci
Brett Kulak - Vinny Desharnais

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Alex Laferriere - Anze Kopitar - Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore - Phillip Danault - Viktor Ardvidsson
Kevin Fiala - Blake Lizzote - Trevor Lewis
Carl Grundstrom - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Quinton Byfield

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Matt Roy
Andreas Englund - Jordan Spence

Cam Talbot

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• Projected lineups based on previous game.

• The Oilers and Kings minor league affiliates meet in the first round of the AHL playoffs starting tonight, also at 8:00PM. The Bakersfield Condors look to stomp out the lineage as they visit the Ontario Reign in game 1.

• Just win.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nuge PP goal was called the shimmy

Cool now I have name for my post.

That Nuge goal was such a smart adjustment by our PP and Gully. At the start of possession, Nuge takes a shot on net from his usual spot. Sets it up for the Kings like this will be any old Oilers PP; Hyman at net front, Drai on the side wall, Bouch QBing, McD cycling around wherever he wants etc etc. Then Hyman pops out of his usual position and pretends to be a shooting option. Kings are focused on a new look Hyman and dont catch Nuge sneaking behind them to replace Hymans spot for the easy tap in.

Beautiful work by our ever evolving PP.

View attachment 858734

Praise be to the best hockey player on the planet. Amen.

Amen. McJesus will save us all.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oilers have a chance to join the Rangers, Panthers and Canes as the only teams to go up 2-0 at home. Boston, Winnipeg, and Vancouver all laid eggs in the second game of their respective series.

You know that LA is going to be hungrier and likely dirtier tonight. The boys need to deliver another 60-minute effort and get this series ended fast.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Oilers have a chance to join the Rangers, Panthers and Canes as the only teams to go up 2-0 at home. Boston, Winnipeg, and Vancouver all laid eggs in the second game of their respective series.

You know that LA is going to be hungrier and likely dirtier tonight. The boys need to deliver another 60-minute effort and get this series ended fast.
Those losses by those teams who all one game one are a reminder to the team of the fact the other side will play more desperate. Need to match that desperation with intelligent play and a killer mindset. Take care of business tonight and there’s a good chance you end this series early and get some rest. Lose tonight and the chances of going 6-7 games goes up dramatically.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
look what happened last night.....huge bounce back games from the Avs and Preds
and take heed of the Kings playing a desperate tight game like the Oilers usually do for Game 2

take care of business in Game 2, you're the better team with the better goalie...stay patient against the passive system too, Kings are just waiting for a dumb mistake

I predict a really tight game, 4-2 with an empty netter

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
look what happened last night.....huge bounce back games from the Avs and Preds
and take heed of the Kings playing a desperate tight game like the Oilers usually do for Game 2

take care of business in Game 2, you're the better team with the better goalie...stay patient against the passive system too, Kings are just waiting for a dumb mistake

I predict a really tight game, 4-2 with an empty netter
Meh, Colorado was all over Winnipeg in game one and got goaltending last night.

Vancouver well, pretty similar affair again and their starter was out.

Not sure I'd call them huge bounce back games as much as they stuck to their game plan and won. Could've won their 1st games if it wasn't for shit goaltending(COL) and a 11 second collapse(NSH)

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I’ll be up at 4 am to listen to this one on CHED. Hoping for another LA beatdown but will probably be a lot closer this game I would think. Let’s GOOOOOOOO!!
Now that's dedication! I watched game 1 at my air bnb in Flagstaff. It was a lot of fun. I'm flying back home tonight. Won't be able to tune in since I'll be in the air but man it'll be sweet if we can take game 2. :nod:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Meh, Colorado was all over Winnipeg in game one and got goaltending last night.

Vancouver well, pretty similar affair again and their starter was out.

Not sure I'd call them huge bounce back games as much as they stuck to their game plan and won. Could've won their 1st games if it wasn't for shit goaltending(COL) and a 11 second collapse(NSH)
fair enough, but even the Caps kept it tight against the Rags...I expect that sort of game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad