Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.1%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.5%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 138 25.8%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
The absolutely least surprising news of the post-season so far.

I have nothing against Vegas for exploiting the system, but this "loophole" is just an embarrassment to the league's credibility that could have been closed the first time it happened, or the second. Is this the third now or are we up to four? Five?

3rd year in a row Mark Stone has done this.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If Adin Hill plays like he did against Anaheim the Stars sweeps them

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don’t think the Golden Knights were overly enthused with facing an Oilers squad looking for revenge from last season . An extra motivated McDavid would be terrifying to face.
When I picture an "extra motivated McDavid," I picture someone who is cherrypicking at the red line for breakaways when the puck is in the Oilers defensive zone on the stick of an opposing player.

Reactions: MBTendy

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Meanwhile, at NHL headquarters where they allegedly look into all LTIR cases:

vg7fd.jpg

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The Dallas Stars special teams are gonna OWN this series.

The PP is gonna be YUGE. Gonna go at like 60% in the series.

The PK is gonna give up 1 PITY goal and then score 3 SHGs of their own.

The Vegas NHL Golden Boys are gonna go down harder than Mark Stone when he FLOPS trying to draw calls.

Steve Spott is the GOAT

WHOMEGAGLUL
is coaching special teams for Vegas? Exactly.

NOBODY KNOWS OR CARES

*DUN DUN* DALLAS *DUN* STARS

:towel::yo::towel::yo::towel::yo::towel:

*DUN DUN* DALLAS *DUN* STARS

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
According to Vegas fans on Twitter, Winnipeg is the only credible threat in the West outside of Vegas.
Dallas and Winnipeg are probably the 2 teams I would want to avoid. Easily the toughest in the West this year

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You know exactly why they suddenly rushed him back that first year.
Suddenly? they attempted to make moves to clear the space at the deadline, the Dadanov trade being cancelled really screwed that up, fortunately for us, everyone who even got looked at was going down with injury. I imagine the penalties that would have been imposed had we not been able to clear that cap space was probably the biggest factor in the complaint that saw the sens losing their first.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Cmon Vegas, get your shit together and wipe the floor with these f***s.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly, I hope Dallas spends every game targeting Stone. The Knights have put a giant target on him and they're responsible for anything that happens to him now.

Sadly no one on Dallas plays physical, certainly one of the least aggressive teams in the league. Benn has given up on a physical game to save his body late in the career, Faksa will throw a hit or two.. outside of that literally no one on the team hits since Hakanpaa is injured.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
fortunately for us, everyone who even got looked at was going down with injury.
Convenient as usual.

Sadly no one on Dallas plays physical, certainly one of the least aggressive teams in the league. Benn has given up on a physical game to save his body late in the career, Faksa will throw a hit or two.. outside of that literally no one on the team hits since Hakanpaa is injured.
Team needs to hammer him every time he's on the ice, even if it's not their game. Apparently he's healthy enough to play so he's completely fair game.

Reactions: MarkWheeler

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Convenient as usual.

Team needs to hammer him every time he's on the ice, even if it's not their game. Apparently he's healthy enough to play so he's completely fair game.
It seems there is nothing that is going to convince those determined to be angry at Vegas for utalizing LTIR.

"Three years in a row and his bs injuries,"

"You think he faking his injuries,"

"Well not faking but they definately keep him out until the cap doesn't apply"

"But he came back in the regular season that first year,"

"Yeah but only because they were in danger of missing the playoffs"

"But the made a trade that was then cancelled that would have freed up space, in anticipation of him coming back"

"How very convient they were then able to put other players on LTIR to make the space him,"

"So they are faking those injuries,"

"Well the playoff on ice roster should have to be cap compliant"

"The first year the team didn't make the playoffs, last years was,"

"Well they shouldn't be allowed back for the first round"

I don't think it matter if Stone came back for game 6, or in round 2 or 3 or Game 7 of the SCF if we somehow made it that far. Then all we would hear is

"Look at Vegas, Stone was ready for game 1 they are only keeping him out so they don't seem suspcious."

If people want to be angry with Vegas it doesn't matter what happens they're gonna be angry with us. I'm going to sit back and focus on watching Dallas destroy us, because we can't be assed putting in the effort to win.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hopefully Oiler fans don’t see this
They well, I think a group have me on follow :laugh:

They’ve been a bipolar team this season, they’ve been the worst in the league and the best in the league. Hard to gauge what they’ll be like in the playoff

Reactions: Summer Rose

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
VGK are overrated here. They have been inconsistent, have goaltending questions, could be on a SC hangover, and are expected to just gel cohesively with all the injuries?

They are a WC seed for a reason.

Dallas will prevail easier than some surmise.
I mean if we played like we could. But I haven't seen an indication we have the desire to play like we can. Then again, I wasn't sold going into the playoffs last season, I was still waiting on a 60 minute effort after game 82.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I mean if we played like we could. But I haven't seen an indication we have the desire to play like we can. Then again, I wasn't sold going into the playoffs last season, I was still waiting on a 60 minute effort after game 82.

As I alluded to, I think the toughest part is getting everyone to play with chemistry. Seven games is not the recipe for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad