WCQF/CDSF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs (C3) St Louis Blues | STL Lead 3-2 - PART 2

Who wins game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Blues played fantastic in the 3rd period, and earned that win. Really impressed with this Blues team. Resilient.

Jets have raised their game in 3-5, but really needed to start from G1.

I think they need a different coach than Maurice to get them to the next level.

Trouba? Did he think he had less time than he did? Just don't get that one.

Series isn't over, but that's a tough way to lose.

As for Trouba, I said “what the hell is he doing” aloud when he just kept the puck behind the net and didn’t clear it out. I’d be so pissed if I were a jets fan.

Reactions: tacogeoff

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
This series is the total opposite of home ice advantage.
Has a series ever finished where the home team has gone 0-7?

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Can we stop with this narrative that the Jets have been outplaying the Blues? They haven't. It's been very even. Momentum shifts and teeter-tottering confidence abound. This series is just impossible to predict

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Jets have virtually abandoned their physical game. Such a waste. If they aren't crashing and banging, they don't offer much else in terms of threat.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
As Coach Berube told the boys in the room after the game - "Relentless." That's what these Blues are.

Do we look nervous?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Jets have virtually abandoned their physical game. Such a waste. If they aren't crashing and banging, they don't offer much else in terms of threat.
Idk, physical play hasn't translated into wins this series. It seems like the more physical team in each game tires itself out running around and trying to hit people and have lost. Both teams are big, it's tough to keep up that energy for 60 minutes for 7 games.

Reactions: Burynai

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

They've definitely been less physical the last two games, and noticeably so. But at the same time, when they're pressing, they really don't need to be spamming hits as 5 of the last 6 periods, they've had us largely on our heels. Honestly, I'd prefer Winnipeg focusing more on throwing the body.

Sunny isn't getting enough praise. Two goals this series, solid defensive work, and that pass last night was dirty as all hell. At that clip, falling down and at a tight angle, put it right on the tape.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Even though the road team has won all 5 games it feels like the blues must win 6 to win this series.
How many playoff home games have the Jets now lost in a row? 5? It won't last forever. The end of this streak is near, whether this year or next.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
Wonder how serious the injury to Sundqvist is?

Blues continue to do exactly the opposite of what you would expect from them this year. I'm going to continue to count them out since that seems to be working thus far.

Nice to see some life from Schenn & Schwartz. Maybe we will try those lines out to start game 6?

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Hoping we see this for game 6.

Perron looked good with ROR and Tarasenko. Been waiting for that line all season long.

Schenn looked great last night after moving back to the middle. Last year, he was a 70 point center. Schwartz was a PPG player. If these guys can find their scoring touch and spread out the scoring a bit more, they will be tough to beat.

Perron - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Sundqvist
Maroon - Bozak - Thomas
Fabbri - Barbashev - Steen

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
This series is the total opposite of home ice advantage.
Has a series ever finished where the home team has gone 0-7?

I do not think so, the other day on the radio the guys were talking about it. If I remember right they said the road team has won the first 5 games of the series 5 or 6 times, and every other time it has happened the home team won game 6..... which means the Blues will Blues this lol

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Guessing we see this for game 6. Schenn looked great last night after moving back to the middle. Spreads out the scoring a bit more too.

Schwartz - Schenn - Sundqvist
Maroon - Bozak - Thomas
Fabbri - Barbashev - Steen

I really hope so, all those lines were buzzing in the 3rd, we cannot afford to lose Sunny with how he has played this series, second best forward behind Thomas IMO, if Sunny is out then you have to put Sanford back in to help kill penalties.

Schwartz - Schenn - Fabs/Steen
Maroon - Bozak - Thomas
Fabbri/steen - Barbashev - Sanford

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just want to get non Jets fans opinion on their play this year....

I think (i say it again) these are the only 2 possible reason on Jets play this year:

1) they are not good enough. They peaked last year. Our expectations high.

Or

2) there are coaching issues that this team needs to address to get them over the hump.

Any other reason? Unbias opinion from other fan base who have seen them play this year.
Option 3 could be that the Blues are like a really good team too

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I think Game 6 will be very rough and tumble. Jets will be desperate to try anything to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad