Votes: 39 18.3%
  • Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So are the Avs legit good again or was the Jets' season a mirage. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Jets played Vegas pretty good in the first round last year but that could be a matchup thing. Avs have stepped it up a notch no doubt but Georgie hasn't been tested a ton either so that will be TBD until the games are more even.

I called it before the series began and the Jets had 2 regular season games left. I said I was hoping they'd win out and they did. Then they beat us in Game #1 (barely) so they were effectively riding a 9 game winning streak at that point and I suggested that the law of averages meant that they were bound to play a few stinkers here and there and they did.

Basically they went into the playoffs the way we did last year and that's extremely hard to sustain over a long period. I think Game #5 was the Jets best game and probably the kind of hockey they should have been playing all along. I still think the Avs would have ended up winning but it would have probably been in 6 or 7 games.

Just like the Avs are currently on a 4 game winning streak and in Round #2, I'm expecting them to play one game where they don't look their best, maybe Game #2 or #3. Hopefully we make sure we are firing on all cylinders in Game #1.

I actually don't mind the Jets team, as others have said if they would have beat us, I probably would have cheered for them to go all the way. That whole 'White-Out' intimidation factor though... it's a joke - it's nice to see their fans so into their team and supporting their team but it's never really worked even for the 1st Jets... maybe try something else ?

Oh yeah - and whoever suggested we should trade for Sean Monahan or even worse suggested we should have done it instead of getting Mittelstadt - I laugh at you! :laugh:

I forget who wrote it in the regular season GDT, but the 7-0 loss had to be a huge psy ops maneuver, no? Avs knew they could flip the switch in the playoffs and wanted to hide their true strength from a complacent Jets team.

It ended up being a bit of a rope-a-dope but I don't think it was done on purpose. There were 2 teams that we specifically played atrociously this season and one of them was the Jets. The other was the Florida Panthers - two games in which we mailed-it in early and it looked like we didn't even want to compete with them at all.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Biggest difference between regular season Avs-Jets and the playoffs, is that we no longer wore those shitty 3rd jerseys.

Those things need to be retired, or at the very least not worn against divisional matchups.
The illuminati kit? You can tell they were designed by the same people who brought you Blucifer and the DIA (some hilarious rumors about that place).

I would love to see the Avs do an update of the original burgandy thirds without the wordmark. I've always been a fan of the idea of using the old Yeti Footprint logo as the crest for a third. But these are the people that brought us the lobster bib outdoor uniforms. Whatever they come up with next will suck.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It's easy to say when we've just eviscerated them but Winnipeg (team and fans) are easily one of the least objectionable teams we've faced over the past few years. For a Canadian team their fans don't have the same level of entitlement and insecurity that some do. Their coach isn't an obnoxious gonk and none of their players were particularly annoying. Schiefele's a giant f***ing weirdo but he was very underwhelming.

Nicely said. Agree with all of it.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Doesn't sound like he learned from it. Basically said he'd unnecessarily goon it up again.

I don't think these goon shows do anything to pacify an opponent in the playoffs, or affect momentum. The only thing they do is maybe give yourself some confidence, when you're lacking it. Like fighters flexing on their opponents to psych themselves into thinking they can beat the other guy.

And if you need to do that, you've got problems, and you're better off just letting the game end, and focusing on the tactical adjustments you need to make to play better.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I didn't know he was UFA so he gets a pass. Otherwise that'd be pretty poor taste to wear another team's colors in a post-mortem presser.
Its baseball season if you are in the end of season presser, no? Most of the time those Canadians are wearing Jays caps so nice to see a BC native pulling for the team just down the road instead of the team on the other side of the country.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
As an Avs fan living in Winnipeg, this was a highly entertaining series. I’m genuinely happy to see other Avs fans have good things to say about our city and it’s fans.

Relative to expectations at the start of the year, this campaign was a success for the Jets. Also given their top end prospect pool, there’s a rather optimistic view from the fans for the future of the team. I understand some people will look at attendance and argue fan support is wavering, but economical factors have really taken a larger toll than people outside the city may realize. The Jets will fly again.

As for the Avs, they’ve taken a noticeable step up from their play in the regular season. It was truly a remarkable effort from the entire locker room. Win or lose, it’s easy to be satisfied with an effort like that on display. While Mack may not have had his best series, which is crazy to say considering he has 9 points, the leadership role he’s taken on this year has been nothing short of incredible. His quote after game 1 resonated with me. “No matter how this series plays out, we’re not going to quit”. I mean, who wouldn’t want this guy as their teammate?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I mean, who wouldn’t want this guy as their teammate?
DJtfE1lWAAAvQSo.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad