2. GR at HOU
Sun Apr 28 5:05 PM
3. HOU at GR
Wed May 1 7:00 PM
4. HOU at GR
Fri May 3 7:00 PM *
5. HOU at GR
Sat May 4 7:00 PM *​

This will be Houston's last season before they relocate to Des Moines and are rebranded as the Iowa Wild. Grand Rapids finished the season with 92 points (A record of 42-26-4-4) whilst the Aeroes finished with 90 points and a record of 46-26-5-5. Grand Rapid were lead by Gustav Nyquist who had a great year notching up 23G 37A in just 58 games. Houston were lead by Justin Fontaine who had 23G 33A in 64G. Petr Mrazek also enjoyed his first season in the AHL with a modest 2.33 GAA and a .916%.

Info from AHL.com.

Last edited:

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
The Aeros' marketing team has branded this playoff run "One Last Mission" to try to generate attendance. I'm not sure how well it will sell....my son and I are going to both home games this weekend but there is a lot of bitterness in the local hockey community here so I'll be anxious to see how big the crowds are.

As for the series itself, it should be a great one. The Aeros get a big plus on the power play with the return of Mikael Granlund and Jason Zucker and should be solid in goal with Darcy Kuemper, all of whom are being sent back down from Minnesota. Not to be too obvious but if the Aeros can win both games at home, big advantage. If the Griffins can gain a split, they gain the upper hand. First game is huge....can't wait!!

Last edited:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
The Aeros' marketing team has branded this playoff run "One Last Mission" to try to generate attendance. I'm not sure how well it will sell....my son and I are going to both home games this weekend but there is a lot of bitterness in the local hockey community here so I'll be anxious to see how big the crowds are.

The attendance can't be any worse than the playoffs last year. Game 1 was a ghost town.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
The attendance can't be any worse than the playoffs last year. Game 1 was a ghost town.

Sure was but I think the expectations last year were pretty close to zero. We were playing an OKC team that had dominated us (and the entire conference) all season. This year is different. We have a great shot at beating the Griffins and advancing so hopefully the crowds this weekend will be much bigger. I think they will be. The AHL, NHL and Les Alexander need to hear from hard-core and casual Aeros fans alike that we ain't happy about the them leaving us and that we want upper-level pro hockey to be a presence here in the 4th largest city in the nation. It's a disgrace what's going on and the whole world needs to know it. What better way than to pack the Toyota Center this weekend? I'll be there along with my son and, hopefully, lots of other like-minded fans who will ALWAYS be Aeros fans. ALWAYS!! GO AEROS!!! :thumbu:

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
I hope the turnout is better tonight. I'll be there for sure. If we can take this game, we'll be in great shape heading to Grand Rapids. Kuemper was awesome so hoping for a repeat. Don't like the fact that Zucker is back with the Wild but McMillan and Dowell should help make up for that. This team has been a running pick-up squad all season so no reason to change it now. GO AEROS!!

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
The Aeros SUCKED tonight (except for Kuemper....he was terrific). Might be the last game Aeros fans will ever see in Houston. I was there....a sad day for all Houston hockey fans. We love our team and it kills us that they are leaving!

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
The Aeros force a decisive game 5! Burn all boats!!!! I want to see this team come back to Houston again. I love my Aeros!!!:yo:

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Sad to see the end of the Aeros in Houston. I hope the great fans in Houston get a team back soon.

Thanks. It is indeed a sad day. I don't see hockey back in Houston anytime soon, unfortunately. :(

Thanks, Aeros, for all the years of thrills and excitement, the two championships and all the great times I had at the games with my son when he was growing up. You turned him into a hockey fan.

MinWild1

May 25, 2012
Thanks. It is indeed a sad day. I don't see hockey back in Houston anytime soon, unfortunately. :(

Thanks, Aeros, for all the years of thrills and excitement, the two championships and all the great times I had at the games with my son when he was growing up. You turned him into a hockey fan.

RIP Aeros, you will be missed.

Hopefully this Junior Hockey team that Sugarland is supposed to get works out so you guys will at least have some hockey.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
RIP Aeros, you will be missed.

Hopefully this Junior Hockey team that Sugarland is supposed to get works out so you guys will at least have some hockey.

Thanks for the well-wishes but watching Junior hockey instead of the AHL won't cut it for most of us. Good luck to the Wild. Looks like they are holding their own in game #3 versus the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad