GDT: WCQ #4 • "THE QUEST FOR GREASE" • OILERS @ BLACKHAWKS • AUG 7 2020 • 4:45 PM MT • SN

Will the Oilers win tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Y’know I just want us to play a complete game today. Because we haven’t all series.

If we come out and play like we did against Nashville (8-3 W), Dallas (2-1 W), and Boston (4-1 W) we win going away.

So far the only reason why we still have chance was due to the Connor McDavid show in Game 2. Need to be much better as a team.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Although I agree with the general sentiment behind this gif, I don’t think I can understate how much I hate that gif.

6051464C-FE9B-4651-806F-06C40F0DB816.gif

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Its obvious that Oilers need to fill up the lines with spareparts, because so much is tied up on a few players(bad contracts)! But Penguins has showed true the years that you can win cups with such a cap pattern, you just have to make the right small moves and also have some luck with injurys.

I dont think our goaltending duo is enough to make a splash and we missing a real no 1 D who can lead from behind.
We have also made bad value trades, you havent afford that with our cap structure.

Think we need more character players in our bottom 6, skill is overated compared to tough heart and soul players!

Our scouting has been better, but must be top notch if we will compete in the future, but failing in trades is devastating in short term.

I think we win tonight, but a game 5 is much harder to predict!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Its obvious that Oilers need to fill up the lines with spareparts, because so much is tied up on a few players(bad contracts)! But Penguins has showed true the years that you can win cups with such a cap pattern, you just have to make the right small moves and also have some luck with injurys.

I dont think our goaltending duo is enough to make a splash and we missing a real no 1 D who can lead from behind.
We have also made bad value trades, you havent afford that with our cap structure.

Think we need more character players in our bottom 5, skill is overated compared to tough heart and soul players!

Our scouting has been better, but must be top notch if we will compete in the future, but failing in trades is devastating in short term.

I think we win tonight, but a game 5 is much harder to predict!
To be honest to start the year a lot of people on here didn't even have this team being in a playoff hunt. Holland came in and made a bunch of small tweaks with little cap space he did have and it looks like it has worked.

The problem was going into these play in rounds the expectations skyrocket by a lot of people.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not to be the Debbie Downer here, but outside of a small handful of players, there is zero intensity or effort from most of the roster.

Watching Lucic play his heart out and go PPG, Tobias Reider score a timely goal, and Cam Talbot post a heroic shutout makes me think there's something wrong here.
We saw NONE Of that when they were here.

There's something broken with the psyche of this team.
Most of the players on this team play like they expect McDrai to do 100% of the work while the rest of them coast.

I'll be tuning in to watch, but I'm expecting a loss. This is a team that's proven time and time again, they can't bother getting up and playing a lunch-bucket style game when their backs are against the wall.
There is just no character or poise in this group.

I think Yamamotos, Neal, Chiasson, KRussell, Bennings, Archibald and maybe 1 or 2 other peoples give o sh1t meter is on, but I get what you're saying.

I agree though the team always just seems like they expect McDavid and Draisaitl to do everything. Been that way for a long time.

Hopefully the boys wake up today.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Lets be honest here. Even if we do win this game... they'll going to be completely unprepared for Game 5 they'll come out lazy, flat-footed, undisciplined... etc as they almost always do.

I'm half expecting a lackadaisical effort today as well. This team is incapable of giving a shit. It seems like the more important the game, the more we wilt.

But at this point it's virtually impossible to see this team give a shit 2-games in a row. Even if it is an elimination game. Outside of a small handful of players on this team, nobody gives a shit.

Has Kassian even played a shift? I hadn't noticed him do anything of note.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
We win this one I think. The fact of the matter is that if you run that last game from the 2nd period and we play the same we win 8 times out of 10. An unlucky tip, a couple of fewer shitty penalty calls in the 2nd and it's 2-1 Oil in the series right now. That's too thin a margin to declare that the ship is sinking.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Smith starts today with a scheduled back to back, if we win. I sure as h3ll hope Larsson is fit to play.

This team has been too good of a team almost all season to lose this way and to this club. I hope the boys feel the same and come out with a chip on their shoulders tonight. Lean on this hawks team and destroy them mentally and physically.

Reactions: Cypress

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
To be honest to start the year a lot of people on here didn't even have this team being in a playoff hunt. Holland came in and made a bunch of small tweaks with little cap space he did have and it looks like it has worked.

The problem was going into these play in rounds the expectations skyrocket by a lot of people.

Perhaps its true the last year, but we suffer from the Lucic signing, Eberle trade who gave us Strome , who they gave away for Ryan F Spooner, ended up with a done bad contract in Gagner. And we have all the bad picks, unlucky or not!

You havent afford that , capstrapped with 2 superstars.The goalie circus is mindblowing, At the moment we have 2 overpaid goalies who not make a difference.

But perhaps this issue is better suited for other threads then a GDT!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad