GDT: WCF Game #3 - Sharks vs Blues - Altered Burns - 6:00pm PDT NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
It might actually be faster to go 85 to 87 from Cupertino with the way 280 is. I'll try that next time I pick up my wife from work before a game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I get what he was trying to say though. If his teams does the little things (hit, forechecking, etc) that will lead to offense.

Problem is they can't sustain it because the Sharks are pressuring them in every zone and not panicking with the puck.

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
Thornton and Pavelski looks like they're on a mission. They just refuse to let go of the puck, and the rest of the team is following suit. Donskoi is looking fantastic. They're not getting a lot of shots, but it could be because they're being very responsible with the puck. They've controlled all 3 games so far. If they can prevent the kind of hiccups that lead to the loss in G1 they've got this. Nashville had a lot more going for them in the first 3 games, and they weren't great either.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I get what he was trying to say though. If his teams does the little things (hit, forechecking, etc) that will lead to offense.

I think just because it's Hitchcock and his defensive reputation, is what caused people to (including me) cringe hearing that.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Maybe it is just me, but I could have sworn the games were all set for 5pm when they first announced the schedule for this round. Came to work early for nothing.

Only Blues (CT) times were indicated. Others were TBD (except Saturday which would be scheduled after the running of the Preakness).

Well I see that now. I'm talking about when the NHL first posted the game times, before the Sharks even finished the second round.

Or they realized how monumentally bad a 5pm PST game during the week would be in the bay area :laugh:

If LA did it we have no reason to complain.

if vancouver could do it, if anaheim can do it.

As long as the players are ready to go when the puck drops, it can start at midnight. :sarcasm:

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
I am having so many emotions, but they are good ones? In the playoffs? Is this real life?

Sidenote:

It might actually be faster to go 85 to 87 from Cupertino with the way 280 is. I'll try that next time I pick up my wife from work before a game.

I think that was quicker even back before 280 traffic became a cluster****.

Source: Grew up in Cupertino.
Disclaimer: Haven't lived there in almost 10 years.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Blues are done. Between Hitch's interview and Brouwer's Paul Bunyon impersonation, the Blue seem to have lost it. Hitch literally said trying to create more offense is going down a dangerous path. Wat

Too early to say that. People were starting to say that about the Preds after game 2. It's still only 2-1 in the series right now. Lot of hockey left to be played before the Blues can be considered done.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
People were starting to say that about the Preds after game 2. It's still only 2-1 in the series right now. Lot of hockey left to be played before the Blues can be considered done.

The Blues look considerably worse than the Preds did in any game that series. They only way the Sharks lose this is if they start beating themselves.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The entire core of this team was there in 2012. I'm pretty sure they remember that.

Yeah and in 2012 Martin Havlat was on our top line. Core or not, the 2012 team and the 2016 one aren't even remotely comparable.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The Blues look considerably worse than the Preds did in any game that series. They only way the Sharks lose this is if they start beating themselves.

well they looked a bit like preds game 5 and 7 ...

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Only reason why they won Game 1 was because of Elliott, and the Sharks have cracked his mojo.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Man, this team is earning EVERYTHING! Besides games 3 and 5 in round 2, the work ethic has been ****ing BEAUTIFUL!

This is heart! This is character!

and not just a few guys.. This is team identity!

Keep it up, Sharks! :handclap: I don't want this ride to stop! :yo:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Two...wins...away...from the SCF. I don't believe it.

Here's hoping they continue to play the way they have for the last 3+ games and end this in 5, can't give the Blues any flicker of hope because they're fragile as hell right now.

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Thornton has been shooting the puck more lately, IMO. He's not always hitting the net, but in this series especially he's been throwing the puck at the net and driving to it just a bit more.

I thought of this while watching this game, to my eye Thornton is shooting way more than he usually does. BUT, I don't follow your Sharks enough, just a thing that popped in my mind.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah and in 2012 Martin Havlat was on our top line. Core or not, the 2012 team and the 2016 one aren't even remotely comparable.

Not comparing them at all. But those certain guys remember. This isn't that feel good about being here Nashville series ********.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
This is dream. Such relentless domination and pressure. Who are these guys in teal?

Joner seems to be peaking at the right time.
Wow!

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
#1, 2, 3 in points are all sharks. Couture with 20, Burns 18, Pavelski 17. Thornton tied for 8th with 13.

They say your best players have to be your best players in the playoffs. They certainly are that this year.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I honestly can't believe this is happening. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but this is the best I think I've ever seen this team look as a Sharks fan since at least 1997. The way this team plays defensively, not giving too much pressure for Jones (And how relaxed he looks), not to mention Thornton found the fountain of youth, it's unreal really. All three of those goals were beautiful tonight. I know the Blues are going to come out firing and I expect them to win at least one more game, but I've gone from somewhat convinced to very convinced. This Sharks team is amazing and no matter what happens, this is a year to be very proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad