Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas losing the first two games at home versus Vegas and then win the next 4 of 5 to take the series. Far from an easy thing to do. Many on here wrote them off after going down 0-2 to the cup champs. Even I thought they were done but they rallied from that point. Dallas is just too good and too deep. Every single dman they have can move the puck and have a great outlet pass. Hakanpaa being the only exception.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dallas losing the first two games at home versus Vegas and then win the next 4 of 5 to take the series. Far from an easy thing to do. Many on here wrote them off after going down 0-2 to the cup champs. Even I thought they were done but they rallied from that point. Dallas is just too good and too deep. Every single dman they have can move the puck and have a great outlet pass. Hakanpaa being the only exception.
Especially against a team like Vegas, Vegas was probably the toughest team to beat in the West and Dallas was the lucky team to get them.

Dallas didn’t just squeak into this position, they were a dominant force in what is arguably the toughest playoff path a team needed to take

• Haha
Reactions: Senor Catface

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
ehhh I dunno. plenty of disgruntled vancouver, cgy, Toronto (McD angst mostly) fans, but that Canucks team had a collection of very unlikeable players: Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Lapierre, Kesler. Luongo crying about the other goalie not pumping his tires...

Canucks got more unlikable as it went along, rightly or wrongly (doesn't surprise me Bieksa/Luongo are largely loved now for example).

I think part of it is just most Canadian fans don't want to see a Canadian team other than theirs break the drought (I don't), and with the Canucks it seemed like they were going to do it. Montreal is the only team to make it since IIRC & I don't think anyone was worried they would break it. Edmonton legitimately might be able too though, they are a good team.

And the other part is the Canucks had the best PP in the league, they knew it & tried to sell calls to get on the PP. This Edmonton team also embellishes to get on the PP (sorry Oiler fans, not trying to be a dick), and I think fans will learn that if they haven't already - which just like those Canucks will make them more unlikable.

Just my opinion, could be wrong. I do think there's a serious undercurrent of Canadian fans not wanting to see another Canadian team besides theirs break the curse though.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dallas got some bounces in the Vegas series but they flat out were the better team in that series. Some extremely close games in that series and Dallas had to grind out some wins.
Edmonton was the better team in 5 of 7 games definitively. Demko’s amazing, and would have been a difference maker but the Oilers were by far the better squad.

Dallas is very good, but their PK stinks and that’s good for EDM.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Dallas coming in with a PK operating at 69% against the top PP should be an area of concern, and one big advantage for Edmonton. I don't expect Edmonton's PK to continue at a 90%+ clip though either.
Totally agree. My biggest concern for my Stars is how good EDM PP is and how sloppy our PK has been this postseason, why I called Stars in 6. If Stars can be strong and step up on the PK I could see them winning it in 5.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Predicted Oilers in 7 last series. Gonna have to say 7, though I am not as sure now which team it is.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Those who vote for Oilers should be placed on NHLPA assistance program:
Edm in 7 - Stage 1
Edm in 6 - Stage 2
Edm in 5 - Stage 3
Edm in 4 - Stage 4

• Haha
Reactions: Bobieque and Satire

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dallas got some bounces in the Vegas series but they flat out were the better team in that series. Some extremely close games in that series and Dallas had to grind out some wins.
Edmonton struggled against Vancouver, really only had one good game (game 6). It’ll be interesting to see the game plan against Dallas. Dallas also has the benefit of the longer rest between round 2 and 3, anything they were nursing is likely healed now

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nice narrative, when Colorado was literally missing their captain.

Colorado was missing their captain the last 2 seasons including this season when they beat the Jets in 5? They used his cap space on other players. How is that a knock against Dallas?

Reactions: Jason316

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
His skating and speed is there. His stickhandling and shot are sloppy though. Wouldn't be surprised if he's playing with either a bum shoulder or wrist.

He sounded sick in the post game interview on the ice. Hopefully having a couple days off gets him healthier.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Colorado was missing their captain all season? They used his cap space on other players. How is that a knock against Dallas?
Colorado not having Landeskog significantly affects them in the playoffs, and there is no cap space in the playoffs.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
ehhh I dunno. plenty of disgruntled vancouver, cgy, Toronto (McD angst mostly) fans, but that Canucks team had a collection of very unlikeable players: Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Lapierre, Kesler. Luongo crying about the other goalie not pumping his tires...
Elder unlikeable? Whaat.

Not sure who is going to win this series. I'd imagine the Stars are favorites. Deep team . Better defense and Goalie. Oilers have higher end skill and a deadly PP.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Colorado not having Landeskog significantly affects them in the playoffs, and there is no cap space in the playoffs.

Sure, Colorado's not as strong without Landeskog but they still beat the Jets in 5.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I think Edmonton is tough for the Stars in the sense that McDavid and Draisaitl are gonna fry their pk

However, they won't do anything 5v5.

I believe this will continue a historic run for the Stars, who will be the first playoff team in history to face their toughest test in the 1st round and have easier matchups each subsequent round.
Oilers have been scoring fine 5/5 all season and playoffs

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Colorado was missing their captain the last 2 seasons including this season when they beat the Jets in 5? They used his cap space on other players. How is that a knock against Dallas?
It’s an interesting take when he wasn’t around all season, hard to say it impacted anything when he was never there :laugh:. Not having him really wasn’t a negative since they got to use that space for other players. Would be different if they lost him during the playoffs

Reactions: Ratsreign
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad