Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
lets go Blackhawks *chant*

don't see why this is a bad matchup. This series Sounds a lot like the 2010 Sharks series to me.
Already annoyed by the Ducks fans around HF

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
lets go Blackhawks *chant*

don't see why this is a bad matchup. This series Sounds a lot like the 2010 Sharks series to me.
Already annoyed by the Ducks fans around HF

It's like dealing with Wild fans all over again.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks end up dominating this series. The Ducks haven't really played a playoff team in these playoffs yet. No offense to the Jets and the Flames, but they really aren't there yet. We'll see if the Ducks will be ready. If they aren't, it could be a quick one like the series against the Wild.

Wild were the hottest team going into PO whether anyone likes it or not, good sign for Hawks fans.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Preds D was fantastic the entire series and the Wild have at least made the playoffs the last three years. The Jets/Thrashers franchise have been complete playoff failures their entire exhistence and the Flames haven't seen the playoffs since 09. Hawks will win this series in 5/6 games.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Preds D was fantastic the entire series and the Wild have at least made the playoffs the last three years. The Jets/Thrashers franchise have been complete playoff failures their entire exhistence and the Flames haven't seen the playoffs since 09. Hawks will win this series in 5/6 games.

roger that!

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I don't remember the last bad game we played against Anaheim. Actually played maybe our best game of the regular season against them on the Circus trip and carried the play in the 1-0 loss. However Kesler is a really tough matchup for Toews and Silfverberg has come in to his own. I think our top 4 is >> their top 4 and that's the difference for me. Hawks in 6

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hawks in 7

But this is a horrible matchup for Hawks. Ducks are rolling along and healthy

Don't feel good about this series at all. Ducks are a lot better then the stiffs from Minny and injured Pred team

We played them really well this year. We were 2-1 (the loss being a 1-0 shutout). They are not as deep as us we should be able to roll 4 lines. Q should be a big advantage in this series vs. BB.

They are big so I get the concern there but this Hawks team has dealt with size before.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Hawks want to beat Ducks the depth players have to start contributing especially Bickell and Saad (Who overall is having a poor playoff)

Vermette/Bickell/Shaw/Bickell/Saad need to step up

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
If Hawks want to beat Ducks the depth players have to start contributing especially Bickell and Saad (Who overall is having a poor playoff)

Vermette/Bickell/Shaw/Bickell/Saad need to step up

Hate Bickell so much you had to put him twice. But I agree, it'd be nice if he started scoring. He's played well in most of the games though.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Hawks in 7. I think the Hawks have to have their 4 workhorses on D outplay the Ducks young guns on D. Offensive weapons pretty equal, although I'd say Hawks have the edge.

Hopefully Crow keeps rolling also.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Thought the Wild would win against the Hawks. But seeing how they played last series, I like the Hawks odds. Hawks in 6. Ducks don't really scare me, but who knows, anything can happen, but they always come off as paper tigers.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
now Saad is having poor POs too :laugh:

He's not playing very well offensively. And that's not just points driven, he's too late on a number of passes and has been the one to end the Toews' line cycle too often by taking the puck high. Not poor overall because his defense has been very good, but he certainly could be playing better offensively.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Kings fan here wishing it was Hawks/Kings III. Having said that, it'll be nice to cheer for you guys again like the years you guys kept playing the Canucks. Do us all a favor and show the Ducks what a playoff caliber team is really like.

Hawks in 6.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He's not playing very well offensively. And that's not just points driven, he's too late on a number of passes and has been the one to end the Toews' line cycle too often by taking the puck high. Not poor overall because his defense has been very good, but he certainly could be playing better offensively.

he still has had his good moments and his D is nothing to worry about. Saying he played poor Overall is just wrong. That's all

PrairieDayz

Mar 22, 2015
Dallas
Get ready for Quacker Dive Class...

Hawks need to prepare for Quackers' Perry...a real dive artist....like last nite's dive with the alleged clip by the Flame which imo was a fraud to draw an intent to injure call as Perry crawled off the ice to the dressing room only to pop back out on the ice moments later just like in Dallas last year vs the Stars.....the Stripes bit in Dallas and boxed the offending Star.....the Stripes have made some terrible calls/non calls throughout all series games ...particularly the ticky tack calls late in 3P....Hawks can't let the Quackers crash the net playing goons gone wild.....Hawks in 6....

BobbleHeadNight*

On paper I'm not horribly concerned about the matchup, but I'm giving the Ducks mojo a lot of credit for somehow finding ways to win close, tough games. Think we edge them out in enough categories to make up for it at the end, though.

Same, but I just can't get over the relative strength of the divisions. Last two teams in Central were Dallas and Colorado with 92 and 90 pts. Last two in Pacific were playing for McDavid, with 62 and 56.

Their point total is seriously inflated because of that soft schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad