GDT: WC - USA vs Czech Republic

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'm feeling that Czech wins on regular time, but as a fan of Finland it would be great if this game would go to OT so Czech couldn't pass Finland in the group standings anymore.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Same roster as last time. No jiricek and kempny on first pair.

Expect a very close game and have said I think us have a strong team with some great pieces. I'm a huge swayman fan. I think Jones is awesome.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I haven't been able to watch much of this tournament with having family in town, but a USA win in regulation would be very sweet.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sad to not get another look (again) at Jiricek, but such is the nature of the WC's as vets become available as their seasons come to an end.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, NJD needs to draft a defenseman 😂

I mean, what Hughes does well, he does very, very well. But there are moments when things just go so sideways out there for him, whether it is his fault (like tripping on his own feet here) or not (like the goal that eliminated UM where it wasn't his man scoring but he was closest).

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Luke Hughes is not going to be great right away, like Quinn was. He’s tall and skinny, and has lots of filling in of his frames to do. He looks so much different than both his brothers. Much different skater. Devilish need to be very patient with him.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As talented as Luke Hughes might be, these are wrong level of games for him right now. I haven't seen all of USA's games but usually this kid is making very big defensive mistakes. What I've seen he has singlehandedly given two goals to enemy teams now.

The other one was where the stick broke and he just left the opponent team to score 2 on 1. He could've dived on the puck or something, but he just skated away. It was the weirdest thing I've seen in a while. It was probably against Sweden.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Ouch Hughes is making mistake after mistake. Devils really need to draft Jiricek to keep Hughes in czech.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
This quite low pace in this game is good for the Czechs. They won't be too tired tomorrow in the Finland game, but it's still an advantage for Finland with that. USA doesn't seem to be a big threat in scoring. It's a bit annoying to watch when I'm hoping that USA would put this to OT or win it.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This quite low pace in this game is good for the Czechs. They won't be too tired tomorrow in the Finland game, but it's still an advantage for Finland with that. USA doesn't seem to be a big threat in scoring. It's a bit annoying to watch when I'm hoping that USA would put this to OT or win it.
I decided to put some money for the Czechs so it'll be win-win ;)

Reactions: Mestaruus

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Forgot this was on today so just tuning in now, psyched we're up, a win here would be huge

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I decided to put some money for the Czechs so it'll be win-win ;)

Yeah I did many "pitkäveto" bets too and I mostly put Czech winning and few riskier ones with tie/OT. Oh and Manchester City wins the title of premier league next year. I actually included that so I have to wait 1 year for my potential money lol, that is if everything else goes as planned.

Reactions: FinPanda

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Weird to see the Czechs play like this. They have more skill, even though their D isn't that strong, its definitely the weakness.

It's not all planned that they are losing the shots 15-7 and so on, but it's kind of smart to just defend that lead and save energy. Czech can get the jack pot like this if they play better tomorrow against Finland and win. If USA ties it, then maybe Czech can find another gear or just hope for a PP and let Pastrnak and Cervenka make a goal. Blumej's been great this tournament too.

Reactions: FinPanda

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Should have been a game misconduct, he clearly looked for contact with the head.

And how did the referee missed it in the first place? It was right in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad