Post-Game Talk: WC- Habs show up. Bruins stuck in 2015 lose 5-1

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Maybe people could foresee how one sided it was going to be given that 3 of 6 top forwards weren't going to be in the line-up. Or maybe these outdoor games are starting to take on an All-star game, freak show kind of feel to them.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
These games aren't going to magically draw many more viewers than a regular hockey game would.

Hockey is just not that popular across the USA compared to other sports, you put a somewhat overhyped and gimmicky regular season game on at the same time as college football on a holiday and chances are the college football game crushes the hockey ratings every time.

I'm sure these events are awesome in person for a hockey fan but I could barely get through all the cringey fluff before the puck drop and hockey is the only sport I really care about.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
These games aren't going to magically draw many more viewers than a regular hockey game would.

Hockey is just not that popular across the USA compared to other sports, you put a somewhat overhyped and gimmicky regular season game on at the same time as college football on a holiday and chances are the college football game crushes the hockey ratings every time.

I'm sure these events are awesome in person for a hockey fan but I could barely get through all the cringey fluff before the puck drop and hockey is the only sport I really care about.

The games are actually atrocious in person in my opinion. You are usually freezing with crappy views and paying overpriced tickets and parking.

For those of us suckers that went check out the gigapixel site:

http://gigapixel.panoramas.com/winterclassic/2016/

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
More excuse mongering please. With all those injuries, it is still no excuse to get skated into the ground.

Unless of course, montreal has players of that much better mental aspects of hockey. Funny how Beleskey seemed to get it..guess he doesn't need his Krejci Marchand crutch to man up.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Maybe people could foresee how one sided it was going to be given that 3 of 6 top forwards weren't going to be in the line-up. Or maybe these outdoor games are starting to take on an All-star game, freak show kind of feel to them.

was thinking the same thing prior to the game. with no Marchy and so many providence bruins, it killed the vibe

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The games are actually atrocious in person in my opinion. You are usually freezing with crappy views and paying overpriced tickets and parking.

For those of us suckers that went check out the gigapixel site:

http://gigapixel.panoramas.com/winterclassic/2016/

That is so cool - Thanks

I look like I am disgusted by what I am seeing on the ice. :laugh:

12473772_10207579832626617_4139152689879582660_o.jpg

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
That is so cool - Thanks

I look like I am disgusted by what I am seeing on the ice. :laugh:

12473772_10207579832626617_4139152689879582660_o.jpg

The best part is that every Bruins fan in that pic looks disgusted, so there is no process of elimination for internet sleuths to figure out which is you!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The game would have had more life if Marchy had been playing.

Also would have been fun if Looch were still here.

Oh well...Time to move on.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Feel sorry for fans who paid an hefty price to watch their gutless Bruins being ripped off by MTL.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The game would have had more life if Marchy had been playing.

Also would have been fun if Looch were still here.

Oh well...Time to move on.

Agree on the Marchy, our little firecracker was missed.

Don't agree on moving on, bought Lucic jersey last week :)

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Feel sorry for fans who paid an hefty price to watch their gutless Bruins being ripped off by MTL.

I contemplated going and blew it off...glad I did now.

These games really are like exhibition games now, I don't put much stock into one game, especially the faux-classic. I'm more bothered by the fact that the B's were already dropping games prior to this one and are really not playing well overall.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

Oh it's going to be quite a freak show this years all star game. Could possibly be the end of the all star games period if it bombs

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Oh it's going to be quite a freak show this years all star game. Could possibly be the end of the all star games period if it bombs

Haha one could only hope, the NHL is absolutely horrific at any and all extra curricular activity outside of regular game broadcasts.

IMHO they have the absolute worst marketing and programming directors with that stuff out of any sport by a long shot.

No matter how bad it bombs the NHL suits will never see the light. Never.

Every year at the end of the season I watch the awards show and each and every year I hope for it to get better......every year it is just more and more of a tire fire....I don't even know why the do it anymore....just let the players go home and mail them the award......please.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I just spent 5 minutes scrolling & I think I saw one B's fan smiling.

One.

:laugh:

:cry:

B's fan probably farted and there is a row of Hab fans behind him. Only possible reason that game would provide for a B's fan to smile.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just spent 5 minutes scrolling & I think I saw one B's fan smiling.

One.

:laugh:

:cry:

It was brutal - literally NOTHING to cheer for in the first 2 periods. We watched most of the third period in the new Cross Insurance lounge in the north endzone.

I am glad I went and the excitement before the game when it seemed like all of Bruins nation was there was wonderful.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
It was brutal - literally NOTHING to cheer for in the first 2 periods. We watched most of the third period in the new Cross Insurance lounge in the north endzone.

I am glad I went and the excitement before the game when it seemed like all of Bruins nation was there was wonderful.

On a positive note I thought the atmosphere was great. Bruins fans and Habs fans all getting along. No brawls, riots, fights, etc. Was fun tailgating until the puck dropped.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agree on the Marchy, our little firecracker was missed.

Don't agree on moving on, bought Lucic jersey last week :)
I bought one after he left....The first B's jersey I ever paid for. :). I miss him :( ..So do the guys who work for the B's.

I will wear it when he comes to Boston Feb 9th and when I go to LA on March 19th to see the B's

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
20160105123751.jpg

It's kinda sad I had seats this close, and yet my head is still turned to the left to watch the scoreboard. I'm basically dead center here, btw.

Had the god awful Habs fans near the end of our row that would not shut the hell up the whole time. Insufferable.

Fun experience otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad