WC Group F: May 1 GDT - Russia vs. USA (2-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Chris Drury! :bow: :bow: :bow: Just another clutch goal to add to his collection. Anyway, great win for the U.S., and in response to the above post, certain players will get consideration for the World Cup team, namely Drury, Mara, Miller, and Mike Dunham.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I was just about to post a thread with a poll "which team will miss the quarterfinals", but with this loss it is more or less decided that it is going to be Russia.
The only team Russia can get passed by is USA .. and then finish 4th in the group. However Russia has only Finland left to play while USA will take on both Sweden and Denmark.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Another game for Ovechkin without a point. I must be unlucky. Forsberg is facing elimination and doesn't have a point in several games and Ovechkin is losing too and doesn't have a point in 4 games.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Rabid Ranger said:
Chris Drury! :bow: :bow: :bow: Just another clutch goal to add to his collection. Anyway, great win for the U.S., and in response to the above post, certain players will get consideration for the World Cup team, namely Drury, Mara, Miller, and Mike Dunham.

I'm liking what I've seen from Richard Park so far.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
For anyone who saw the game, how did Dustin Brown look and how has his performance been thus far in the World Championships. Also, is he playing a role on the top two lines or is seeing limited ice time on the checking lines?
Thanks in advance for the info, great to see one of the Kings top future forwards playing a role in the big win today.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Seven_Nation_Army said:
Hey Rabid Ranger...Ty Conklin has started the bulk of the games for Team USA, not Dungham

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/teams/statistics.ihwc?team=USA

The GAA are virtually the same but Conklin does have the better individual (save percentage) stats

It will be interesting to see who gets the start against Sweden. Whatever the case, both goalies have played well, and IMO Dunham, with his experience will probably get a slot as one of the three U.S. goalies for he World Cup.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
USA's second and third goal were illegal. Why is Russia always screwed by the referees?

I can´t honestly remember a game where Russia has benefitted from refereeing. They always seem to be on a losing side.

Somebody should beat the crap out of that Schindler!

Tomppav

Aug 14, 2002
Tampere, Finland
Peter25 said:
USA's second and third goal were illegal. Why is Russia always screwed by the referees?

I can´t honestly remember a game where Russia has benefitted from refereeing. They always seem to be on a losing side.

Somebody should beat the crap out of that Schindler!

Russia's first one and USA's second goal could have been called off. There was nothing wrong with the Drury's game winning goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad