WC Gold Medal GDT: Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Riddarn said:
Nice game, though it shows that both teams played yesterday. They should have another day of rest before Final & Bronze game to give both the players a chance to perform and giving the audience their moneys worth.

can't say I disagree with you

Oilman01

Dec 6, 2003
On The Brake
Visit site
"Brodie" definetly kept the boys in the game w/ that save at the end of the period. Lack luster performance in the first. The boys have to come out STRONG in the second. Play their game, NOT the Czechs... GO CANADA!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Canada's missing guys like Briere and Tanguay, small skilled players who can make things happen. No idea why Walker and Fisher are there.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Oilman01 said:
"Brodie" definetly kept the boys in the game w/ that save at the end of the period. Lack luster performance on the first. The boys have to come out STRONG in the second. Play their game, NOT the Czechs... GO CANADA!

Not their best period maybe, however it didn't sound as though Canada was really outplayed. But the Czechs are the worst team to play against when they have the lead, so we better get the next goal...

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
E = CH² said:
Canada's missing guys like Briere and Tanguay, small skilled players who can make things happen. No idea why Walker and Fisher are there.

Walker IMO is iffy, but Fisher has shown, in his limited ice time, he can go and hit bodies, he shows that he wants to be out there, and thats better then taking a sniper, on a team with it's wealth of offence.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Westlander said:
Or on the Team 1200, the Team 1040, the Fan 960 etc. I've had problems with the Fan 590, so I'm listening on team1040.ca (Vancouver).

Thanks, that's good to hear. I haven't had problems yet, but you never know.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
NeoCanuck said:
Walker IMO is iffy, but Fisher has shown, in his limited ice time, he can go and hit bodies, he shows that he wants to be out there, and thats better then taking a sniper, on a team with it's wealth of offence.

Wealth of offense ? I don't see it that way, besides the Gagne-Thornton-Nash line who's scored half of the team's goals, there ain't much in the way of offense. Heatley has been slow to contribute, but he's been the one producing most of the secondary scoring. And remember, Brière and Heatley had amazing chemistry. I'd be much more confident with a Tanguay-Brière-Heatley 2nd line backing up our big line. We'd be more difficult to defend against.

EDIT : No knock on Walker and Fisher, I like them and would love to have them on the habs, but there were better choices for team Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad