WC Bronze Medal Game: May 13th GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Meh, whatever. Nobody ever remembers who won the bronze. I expect this to be a quite boring game, but I guess the Russian crowd won't allow the Russian team to slack off. The bronze is yours, Russia.

I don't even think I will take the time to watch the game.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
I could care less for this game.

Thoughtful notes by Johansson:

http://blogg.expressen.se/nhl/entry.jsp?messid=220470

I actually think that the swedish players(not all of them), like Mårtensson where discrediting the Canadian team in advance. Even with Canadas "b-team", we will still get our ***** kicked without a Lundqvist in net, Forsberg on center, Lidström on D, etc.

Prediction for this game:

Russia wins, 5-2.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Let's get rea..., hmm, whatever :(

Russia should win this one purely on talent, can only hope either of the teams goaltender is run (or something equivalent, bergenheim? :sarcasm: No, I don't want someone injured...) in the beginning of the game so we'll see some emotions atleast... :help:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I could go either way in this one but I guess I'll root for Russia based simply on their talent level. Also, I think they deserve a medal from this tourney (despite the diving).

I say 6-2 Russia.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm with you guys. I don't expect Sweden to come out with any jump, whereas Russia will be trying hard to save some face and at least get a medal. And while on some small level it would be nice for Sweden to win, it doesn't really matter either way. Still, I'll watch the match and hope Sweden cruises.

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
Cheer up guys. Am I the only one thinking that this could be an interesting game.

It will be much harder for Russians to regroup after that devastating semi-final loss. Sweden was outplayed fair and square, but Russians really had a battle. I'm sure that there's enough pride left in both teams to make this game worth watching.

Pushkin*

It's stupid to say it's Canada "B" team when actually this team is winning and playing way better than the so call "A" team Canada sent to Torino... I prefer team Canada 2007 . They have won 8/8 meanwhile team canada torino were shutout in 11 of the last 12 periods... Team Canada 2007-Moscow= A Who in their right mind would take blake-foote-regher-mccabe over Phaneuf-Weber-Hamhuis-Brewer for big ice real hockey ???

Pushkin*

As for today's game Russia must take Bronze and show that although the lost of your best player , your best defenseman and your captain really hurts... well the rest of the team can play as well... So Russia 4 Sweden 2

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Russia has something to prove, Sweden I bet is feeling quite apathetic after the loss to Canada (even though they should be happy that they kept the numbers down)

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
It's stupid to say it's Canada "B" team when actually this team is winning and playing way better than the so call "A" team Canada sent to Torino... I prefer team Canada 2007 . They have won 8/8 meanwhile team canada torino were shutout in 11 of the last 12 periods... Team Canada 2007-Moscow= A Who in their right mind would take blake-foote-regher-mccabe over Phaneuf-Weber-Hamhuis-Brewer for big ice real hockey ???
Just to make something clear here the team at the Olympics was Gretzky's country club and not Team Canada's A team.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Come on, Sweden. Do not act like a bunch of lambs. A little fight instead of giving up before the second period? Perhaps a couple of tackles or anything showing that you are even interested in winning this game?

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
You won't get any luck when your oponent is 10 times better anyway.

You mean just like Finland with guys like Saravo against Russia with superstars like Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk and Frolov? Seize the moment - who dares wins.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
You mean just like Finland with guys like Saravo against Russia with superstars like Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk and Frolov? Seize the moment - who dares wins.

What was it really with Saravo making Malkin look like a junior though? o_O

I don't think Saravo ever has played a game like that, it would seem he was matched against Malkin, they were always on the ice at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad