WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nylander not in the line up for Toronto so if they are eliminated, it’s pretty safe to say he wont be going to the worlds. Judging by Petterssons stats the past 15 games or so my guess would be he’s also harboring an injury.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Surprised. His play fell off towards the end of the season, and I suspect he was playing with an injury, as he is a max effort guy.
I guess we’ll see. Last year Dahlin told a reporter he was going and then failed the medical. Though those reports did not seem as definitive as the Eriksson Ek one did.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Eriksson Ek, Brodin and Marcus Johansson confirmed

How is Johansson in 2024 @57special?I’m getting a bit worried with all the fringe additions Hallam is using up spots for Burakovsky, Olofsson..

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How is Johansson in 2024 @57special?I’m getting a bit worried with all the fringe additions Hallam is using up spots for Burakovsky, Olofsson..
Burakovsky isn't a fringe addition.

Johansson had an abysmal second half of the season.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
So confirmed by the federation so far:

Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Olofsson
Erik Karlsson
Marcus Pettersson
André Burakovsky
Joel Eriksson-Ek
Jonas Brodin
Marcus Johansson

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Burakovsky isn't a fringe addition.

Johansson had an abysmal second half of the season.
He only managed a mere 16 points in 49 games this season.
That was my fear about Johansson that he just doesn’t really cut it anymore.

Not complaining all in all though JEE is the best center we could’ve hoped for and with Brodin our top 4 is set. They really don’t need anymore additions from the NHL on D.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He only managed a mere 16 points in 49 games this season.
That was my fear about Johansson that he just doesn’t really cut it anymore.

Not complaining all in all though JEE is the best center we could’ve hoped for and with Brodin our top 4 is set. They really don’t need anymore additions from the NHL on D.
Burra has been injured which is why his point totals is down.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Forgot to ask, whats your assesment of Ersson?
Ersson was pretty good first half (of his) season. When Hart left Philly, Ersson had to start in more games & his game went down. But he proved to me, he's a legit NHL goalie.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Ersson was pretty good first half (of his) season. When Hart left Philly, Ersson had to start in more games & his game went down. But he proved to me, he's a legit NHL goalie.
Sounds promising! It usually takes a while for goalies to find consistency in the NHL.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
The D is crazy good for a World Championship.

Dahlin-Brodin
Pettersson-Karlsson

MoJo adds some veteran presence but not much more at this point of his career. Hopefully, he will only play 3rd-4th line minutes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not good. Still has his wheels, but his strength and decision making, which looked so good when he was playing with Boldy the year before, disappeared. Ineffective would be the best way to describe him. Still excellent at carrying to puck through the neutral zone and zone entries(i.e. PP), though.

Good news is that Brodin, despite missing a lot of games due to injury, looks better than ever. Fast, strong, a bit more adventurous offensively without being foolish. Magnificent defender against everyone but Mackinnon.

JEE was great, in his own ugly way, till the last 10-15 games or so. Can't help but feel that his game is more suited to the NHL than International play, though.

Don't know what to tell you about Gus and Wall. Gus's stats this year speak for themselves. He wasn't consistent. Wall was playing behind a bad AHL team, so you have to take his mediocre stats with a grain of salt. Maybe give him a couple of games against lesser teams, and see how he looks? He definitely has a bright future.

Reactions: EK47

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Marcus Johansson is soon 34 and yet he never played in WC. He declined thousands of time. Now that he is done as a hockeyplayer he wanna come. What a clown.

Reactions: jaro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad