WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
If Brodin is coming, the D is set until tje first rounders becomes available. Brännström, Boqvist etc I don't think are on the radar. Edvinsson will play AHL playoffs

Up front we need work. Still no decision from Carlsson, Zetterlund, Eklund and Holtz. They'd all be solid additions. A. Nylander I don't know if they are consideing, he is also without contract. Raymond won't come unless he gets the contract done in time, which is doubtful.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Who are the candidates for a first line besides Eriksson Ek, though? Raymond is out of contract. Zetterlund and Holtz is next in line if any. Eklund and Carlsson at C, but Carlsson has had some injuryproblems. Nylander also without a contract.

Reactions: weklof

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I am a bit curious as to why the bring both Ersson and Wallstedt. Will one of them accept being 3rd stringer with no play time? I can't imagine all three will play games unless there are injuries. Gustavsson I assume is the starter. Registrering all three also closes the door for Ullmark, should the Bruins get knocked out

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Who are the candidates for a first line besides Eriksson Ek, though? Raymond is out of contract. Zetterlund and Holtz is next in line if any. Eklund and Carlsson at C, but Carlsson has had some injuryproblems. Nylander also without a contract.
Don't you think they'd move Eklund to wing. Especially if Carlsson accepts. C is out weakest depth though. Only acceptable Euro C is Oscar Lindberg IMO. Zibanejad (+Wennberg) and Elias Pettersson (+ Lindholm) will likely advance to the second round. Pontus Holmgren would be interesting, he has established himself as a regular with the Leafs and has a history with Hallam. William Karlsson would awesome if the Knights are eliminated, but he has played a lot of hockey and my gut feeling is telling me he will decline.

There are many interesting wingers that may become available. Forsberg, Nyqvist, Kempe, Arvidsson, Grundström

Reactions: Playmaker82

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I’d Stick Eklund on his wing but yeah the options aren’t great

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Don't you think they'd move Eklund to wing. Especially if Carlsson accepts. C is out weakest depth though. Only acceptable Euro C is Oscar Lindberg IMO. Zibanejad (+Wennberg) and Elias Pettersson (+ Lindholm) will likely advance to the second round. Pontus Holmgren would be interesting, he has established himself as a regular with the Leafs and has a history with Hallam. William Karlsson would awesome if the Knights are eliminated, but he has played a lot of hockey and my gut feeling is telling me he will decline.

There are many interesting wingers that may become available. Forsberg, Nyqvist, Kempe, Arvidsson, Grundström
Don't think Wennberg and Lindholm will come if they get eliminated, both UFA's

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I am a bit curious as to why the bring both Ersson and Wallstedt. Will one of them accept being 3rd stringer with no play time? I can't imagine all three will play games unless there are injuries. Gustavsson I assume is the starter. Registrering all three also closes the door for Ullmark, should the Bruins get knocked out
Andreas Englund in LA Kings. He is quitely having a good season as a physical d-man
Ersson had a better season than Gustavsson.

I know who Englund is, but he is in playoffs and i think our staff is gonna go with one of Fantenberg/Nemeth/Folin/A Lindholm instead. Fantenberg - Heed as a third pairing is pretty good

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Don't think Wennberg and Lindholm will come if they get eliminated, both UFA's
No they will decline for sure, I just listed them for completeness. I think both Rangers and Nucks will advance to the second round anyway. Pontus Holmberg is probably the center addition we can expect :eek3:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I just realized that Sweden didn't past the quarter since 2018, just like Switzerland, did we curse each other on that 2018 final ? :laugh:

Anyway, you bring a good team, maybe this is the year for you to break the curse! That would be fun to have a quarter against you guys
I believe the curse has something to with us (Team Sweden) is short of players from the west side of the Atlantic.. NHL and AHL.

80 forwards, 50 defenders and 20 goalies play there. Only 15 of these will end up in a yellow and blue dress in May. One of ten!

See you in the quarters! We are a shot wounded crow. As vi sej in Sviden.

Call in Wallmark

Call Any Vegetable (Frank Zappa song). Call it right now! And the chances are...it will respond to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Forsberg - Carlsson - Nyquist [Leo is the new Ryan O'Reilly!]
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Burakovsky
Zetterlund - Eklund - Karlsson - Holtz
Sörensen - Lindberg - Everberg [the world's most high scoring fourth line!]
Olofsson

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
FWIW, Eklund can play a responsible center game, but it really doesn’t play to his strengths and he’s much more effective on the wing. I’d only use him at center if he’s literally your only option.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
FWIW, Eklund can play a responsible center game, but it really doesn’t play to his strengths and he’s much more effective on the wing. I’d only use him at center if he’s literally your only option.
You think he’ll still end up as a center or do you think he’s stuck on the wing?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You think he’ll still end up as a center or do you think he’s stuck on the wing?
I think his skill set is best utilized on the wing. He’s a surprisingly very good boards player for his size, he’s excellent on zone exits and entries, and his playmaking from behind the net is a strength. I think his creativity is smothered a bit when he’s worried about a center’s defensive responsibilities. He’s an exceptionally defensively intelligent so I think he’ll be one of those rare wingers who does have a meaningful defensive impact on the game, but I think his talent will be best utilized as a winger. The fact that he can play center in a pinch does add to his utility though.

Reactions: EK47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad