WC: WC 2016 all team: injury , family reasons , without a contract , etc.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Sweden

Henrik Lundqvist
Anders Linbäck
Robin Lehner
Markus Svensson

Hampus Lindholm
Jonas Ahnelöv
Alexander Edler
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Tobias Enström
Jonas Junland
Mikael Wikstrand
Jonas Brodin
Jonathan Ericsson
Niklas Hjalmarsson
Niklas Kronwall
Staffan Kronwall
Erik Karlsson

Nicklas Danielsson
Andreas Engqvist
Elias Lindholm
Joakim Lindström
Joel Lundqvist
Andre Petersson
Victor Rask
Anton Rödin
Mika Zibanejad
Dick Axelsson
Jesper Fast
Marcus Krüger
Loui Eriksson
Gabriel Landeskog
Oscar Lindberg
Oscar Möller
Rikard Rakell
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Jakob Silfverberg
Carl Söderberg
Henrik Zetterberg

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Czech

Michal Neuvirth
Petr Mrázek
Ondrej Pavelec
Jakub Kovar
Alexander Salák

Ondrej Nemec
Lukas Krajicek
Miroslav Blatak
Radko Gudas
Jakub Kindl
Michal Rozsíval
Ladislav Smid
Jakub Nakládal
Zbynek Michalek

Martin Hanzal
David Krejci
Michael Frolík
Andrej Nestrasil
Tomas Fleischmann
Jiri Hudler
Jiri Tlusty
Jakub Voracek
Milan Michálek
Radim Vrbata
Milan Gulas
Daniel Pribyl
Jiri Novotny
Martin Erat
Roman Horák
Lukas Radil
Vladimír Sobotka

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Slovakia

Jan Laco

Zdeno Chara
Marek Daloga
Michal Cajkovsky

Marian Hossa
Marian Gaborik
Tomas Tatar
Richard Panik

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Denmark

Frederik Andersen

Philip Larsen

Mikkel Bødker
Nichlas Hardt
Jesper Jensen
Peter Regin

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Latvia

Ivars Punnenovs

Oskars Bartulis
Arturs Kulda
Krisjanis Redlihs
Jekabs Redlihs
Eriks Sevcenko
Georgijs Pujacs

Martins Karsums
Lauris Darzins

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Switzerland

Jonas Hiller
Tobias Stephan
Leonardo Genoni

Severin Blindenbacher
Mark Streit
Luca Sbisa
Philippe Furrer

Sven Bärtschi
Reto Suri
Damien Brunner
Kevin Romy
Fabrice Herzog

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Kazakhstan

Alexei Litvinenko
Kevin Dallman??????

Konstantin Rudenko
Alexei Vorontsov
Talgat Zhailauov

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Finland

Tuukka Rask
Joni Ortio
Antti Raanta
Karri Rämö

Sami Vatanen
Rasmus Ristolainen
Jyrki Jokipakka
Sami Lepistö

Teuvo Teräväinen
Lauri Korpikoski
Erik Haula
Joel Armia
Teemu Hartikainen
Oskar Osala
Petri Kontiola

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's difficult to say for Canada (and the United States) because the media doesn't follow the invitations that closely. Players who definitely refused for various reasons to play for Canada:

Brodie
Giordano
Hamilton
Doughty
Spurgeon
Scandella
Subban
MacKinnon
Eberle
Nugent-Hopkins
Monahan

Not sure if there were other players who publicly mentioned being invited and refusing. There was no discussion of Toews/Giroux/Bergeron/Keith type players even being invited for instance.

Last edited:

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Rask
Rämö
Raanta
Ortio

Ristolainen
Vatanen
Jokipakka
Lepistö

Teräväinen
Korpikoski
Haula
Armia
Kemppainen
Pakarinen
Kontiola
Palola

Last edited:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It's difficult to say for Canada (and the United States) because the media doesn't follow the invitations that closely. Players who definitely refused for various reasons to play for Canada:

Brodie
Giordano
Hamilton
Doughty
Spurgeon
Scandella
Subban
MacKinnon
Eberle
Nugent-Hopkins

Not sure if there were other players who publicly mentioned being invited and refusing. There was no discussion of Toews/Giroux/Bergeron/Keith type players even being invited for instance.

Really disappointed in the Calgary crew and the Minnesota duo...but oh well...not much we can do about it.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Team Germany

Dennis Endras

Justin Krueger
Dennis Seidenberg
Frank Hördler

Thomas Oppenheimer
David Wolf
Laurin Braun
Kai Hospelt
Yasin Ehliz

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Would have loved Doughty on Team Canada but there it is. Still think we'll have a good team regardless.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Team USA's list

Pacioretty
Gaudreau
Galchenyuk
Wheeler
Eichel
Dubinsky
Atkinson
Saad
Abdelkader
Ryan
Palmieri

Moore
Faulk
Dekeyser
Jones

That's just the list of players where it's known they declined. Kreider, Miller, Hayes likely all were asked and said no, same with Coyle and Zucker and Gostisbehere from Philadelphia and Trocheck from Florida. There will always be a lot of players who say no to this thing but the RFA/UFA timing and injuries this year really stung the team cause they would have had their best team I can remember.
Forwards likely would have been Gaudreau, Larkin, Matthews, Palmieri, Galchenyuk, Zucker, Connor, Compher, Motte, Miller, Foligno, Maroon, Hendricks. Defensemen likely would have been Krug, Jones, Skjei, McCabe, Hanifin, Murphy, Wideman and goalies the same 3. Almost all of those players expressed they wanted to play but couldn't for injury/free agent reasons. Just bad timing this year.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Brodie
Giordano
Hamilton
Doughty
Spurgeon
Scandella
Subban
MacKinnon
Eberle
Nugent-Hopkins

That's something what I still would like to know more about. I watched interviews with Marchand and Perry. They both got some question whether they consider invitation. Marchand said he wanted to be in team since they called him. Perry even said "you can not refuse national team so often". They might still fight for WC spot but still its quite of mistery with this system of invitations...I would understand if they invite young elite players even on regular basis and than some elite "veterans" in some two three years circles. They must have some system, at leat for development :)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Really disappointed in the Calgary crew and the Minnesota duo...but oh well...not much we can do about it.

Both Scandella and Spurgeon are injured (as per Russo). Scandella "might need" a Hernia surgery and Spurgeon has been "80%" since November with upper body.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Both Scandella and Spurgeon are injured (as per Russo). Scandella "might need" a Hernia surgery and Spurgeon has been "80%" since November with upper body.

if you got to be 100% to accept an invite, then I'm afraid we may as well cancel the whole tournament altogether.

needing surgery is one thing...and that's a legit excuse. playing less than 100% is not. at least not in my book.

Jolli

Mikkkkeeee!!1!!11!!!
Nov 15, 2010
Helsinki
Czechia's Elias, what about him, I didn't see his name anywhere? He's still playing hockey, right..?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That's something what I still would like to know more about. I watched interviews with Marchand and Perry. They both got some question whether they consider invitation. Marchand said he wanted to be in team since they called him. Perry even said "you can not refuse national team so often". They might still fight for WC spot but still its quite of mistery with this system of invitations...I would understand if they invite young elite players even on regular basis and than some elite "veterans" in some two three years circles. They must have some system, at leat for development :)

Perry has been a pretty loyal player for Hockey Canada. Good for him. Marchand turned on the invitation last year I believe. There many players that Hockey Canada would clearly want (Giroux, Carter, Bergeron, Keith, Toews, Ekblad etc.) that nothing comes out about. Now that I think about it, I forgot to list Monahan (he was invited but turned it down).

Ultimately there isn't enough interest surrounding this tournament in Canada for there to be big news reports in many cases if a player refuses. People just don't care that much. There are also instances (Bergeron last year, Weber in the past) where Hockey Canada doesn't bother inviting its best available players for different reasons.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Czechia's Elias, what about him, I didn't see his name anywhere? He's still playing hockey, right..?

He was injured almost entire season and czech coach said in not a very diplomatic way that he didn't think about him (because of his injury what he forgot to add :). Instead of him guys like Nosek or Simon would definetely fight for spots if they dont play in AHL.

But in czech enviroment it always depends on coach. Last year there were guys like KLepis, Vondrka, Novotny who were not even considered this year. Not saying its bad in this case but it can vary a lot....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad