AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin’s line was the only line making plays which is good. Blomqvist’s stat line looks good but one of the goals he gave up was kinda leaky. They had a good start and a decent late 3rd but overall were outplayed.

A lot of shot *attempts* but the Phantoms were fronting pucks and they were such muffins of shots they were quickly going the other way.

Samorukov had a couple big hits and a few good plays. You wouldn’t have guessed that Shea - St. Ivany was the 3rd pair of an NHL team just a couple weeks ago, but that’s how the AHL goes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From the little bit I've read, it seems like Poulin and Koivunen really stood out in good ways today. I was hoping Puustinen would have a bigger impact but I didn't read much about him.

I'm really hoping Poulin can pan out. He's never going to be that good of a player, but a jack of all trades bottom-6 guy that can play C or W and in any situation still helps the team.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
From the little bit I've read, it seems like Poulin and Koivunen really stood out in good ways today. I was hoping Puustinen would have a bigger impact but I didn't read much about him.

I'm really hoping Poulin can pan out. He's never going to be that good of a player, but a jack of all trades bottom-6 guy that can play C or W and in any situation still helps the team.
Maybe Poulin, Koivunen and Ponomarev all make the penguins roster in October? :sarcasm:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looking much better so far today. Petersen’s made some good stops though.

Andonovski has had 3 great chances.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Broz is noticeable. More so than the first game. Surprised Johnstone is back this soon.

Andonovski has had 3 chances including a breakaway.

Their PP scores more than ours but they still like to shoot themselves in the foot a lot. Maybe we need like a dedicated powerplay guru or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Rathbone looks like he'd make a decent PPQB.
He’s a UFA too but I’d be fine with re-signing him for depth. He didn’t get a lot of points but they had Smith and Butcher to spread around the offense and PPQB duties. Probably keep him and Samorukov and look for a couple veteran righties to fill out the pairings.

Reactions: Victor Z

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Taking a bunch of penalties and shitting the bed in the 3rd.
Once they learn to blow 3rd period leads on PP, ES, and SH, they will approach the feats of the big club. Too bad. Was hoping their season would go on a little bit so we could see some of these younger guys.

Reactions: TNT87 and Andy99

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
He’s a UFA too but I’d be fine with re-signing him for depth. He didn’t get a lot of points but they had Smith and Butcher to spread around the offense and PPQB duties. Probably keep him and Samorukov and look for a couple veteran righties to fill out the pairings.
Heard Dubas and staff really like Rathbone.

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad