WBS Penguins 2017-18 Season Thread: Pens out in first round, black aces are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm fine if JR wants a number 3 guy behind Murray and Jarry, but don't go getting another back up unless the plan is to call Jarry up when the actual back up games are played. The kid has earned his spot.
I maybe get a veteran for the ahl to back up or split with desmith at best but that's it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Maguire is back at least. I just am not a fan of Donatelli. I feel like that was a lazy hire, especially for probably the most coveted AHL head coaching spot.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Good shot on a pass (if it even was a pass) that wasn't in his wheel house.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
How has Blueger looked? I was impressed by him in the rookie camp or whatever it is called, but haven’t heard much about him. He got beaten out of a spot by McKegg in preseason. I think Rowney looks a lot better than Mckegg. I realize this post jumps all over the place :(

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s just hope Guerin isn’t given the steering wheel at the trade deadline this year
I’m not sure he’d do any worse than those who decided it’d be a good idea to let half of the team leave via free agency this summer and replace them with AHL players.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I’m not sure he’d do any worse than those who decided it’d be a good idea to let half of the team leave via free agency this summer and replace them with AHL players.
You might change your mind when he trades sprong for Troy
Browser because of sprongs recreational pot issue

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Outside of the goalie thing, Wilkes has hit a bit of dry spell and should be scoring alot more than they have been. This was the first game with a half decent goaltender in awhile tho so maybe Maguire sparks them a bit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looks like Maguire is back at least. I just am not a fan of Donatelli. I feel like that was a lazy hire, especially for probably the most coveted AHL head coaching spot.

Yeah I would have liked a better developmental coach there, a guy that can inspire the players to play up to their potential. The creepy uncle joke aside, I don't think he was a good hire when he was promoted either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad