OT: Watching games on your iPhone

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I thought NHL Game Center only let you watch out of market games. But I'll try the other site. Thanks

Oh, you know what I didn't even think of that. I'm not sure. I don't know if it's possible on iphone but you can always do the vpn thing and fake your location.

I am just not sure because EVERY game is out of market for me since i'm in Korea lol... Good luck.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Does anyone know of a site that you can watch the islander games on your iPhone?

Gamecenter + a proxy app.

I've done it on my android phone, but only over wifi. I wouldn't try it over 3G/4G with the relaying and the delays it would be way too frustrating.

Cheers,

Dan-o

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Good lord, talk about completely ignoring a guys question with nothing helpful to add at all....

Really? It's an option nonetheless.

Who peed in your Cheerios today?

Here are a handful of sites, some require shady downloads:

http://livetv.ru/en (I've not used this one)
http://atdhenet.tv/ (I streamed this while in Florida, using the Skyfire browser app-it converts flash video).

scott99

May 13, 2005
How is that not helpful? Slingbox lets you watch your TV on your iPhone. So... you can watch games on your iPhone.

It's a good idea, though a costly idea. The cool part is, I believe you can watch whatever is stored on your DVR as well, so let's say there is a 1pm Islander's game, and you can't watch it at that time, you dvr it, and then watch it on your iphone whenever you want to.

I did the Gamecenter thing because it was only $50 this year. Don't know how to do the proxy thingy though. I was out in LA in January, and it still said the Islanders were being blacked out in my market. I do love this Gamecenter thing though, I have it on my Roku as well, so watching out of market games on my 46" Samsung tv is pretty sweet. One time the Isles were playing at 1pm, so I watched that on cable (Optimum cable), but also have the Gamecenter app on my Nexus 7 tablet, so I was able to watch another game at the same time. Pretty sweet !

Optimum let's you watch tv on your iphone/ipad using their app, but you basically have to be home on wifi (basically near your router/cable box). So if a family has only one tv, and say the wife/significant other is watching the TV, and you wanna watch the Islander's game, that can be done. Sounds silly, but believe me, it's helped me numerous times with my GF (I only have a studio apartment, so only 1 main tv). As well as a terrible food poisoning incident I had Tuesday, still watched the Islanders/Capitals game from my.....ummm....library, lol. I'm hoping they get more sophisticated like Directv, I believe with their app, you can watch live tv on your iPhone, as well as whatever is stored on your DVR.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad