OT: Watcha Playin? Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Let me know what you think. The game looks interesting, especially with the wide variety of classes, but I think it's be a bit too sci-fi for my taste.

Looking the game over simply makes me want to get back into Rift though

I honestly haven't done too much yet, but after a few minutes of playing I was able to pick my class and I got a choice between 3 of them. A tank, support or a caster DPS. Picked the caster DPS and it just feels...off.

It's like Tera combat in a way, if you've ever played Tera. Feels off though. Might try it out more later.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Got a headset for my pc but i have no idea how it works :huh:

Playing alot of smite it's much simpler/easier than dota, not very competitive and less tactics involved.

Kinda want to pick dota back up though in just in case i want to put on my tryhard pants,i havent played since sniper was still ultra op.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
you plug the headset in, configure push to talk and set a hotkey either in whatever game you are playing or with whatever 3rd party program you and your friends are using, and just hit that button when you want to talk. i have separate hotkeys for mumble and in-game

sniper isn't nearly as popular as he used to be now that they made shrapnel less completely awful to play against. troll also is seen a lot less. current heroes that are seeing a ton of play and are obnoxious are bloodseeker (aka bloodcyka), leshrac, tusk (as a support), queen of pain, undying, slark, and techies. there are others, but those are the major ones right now off the top of my head. you can pretty play anything you want at this point.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
you plug the headset in, configure push to talk and set a hotkey either in whatever game you are playing or with whatever 3rd party program you and your friends are using, and just hit that button when you want to talk. i have separate hotkeys for mumble and in-game

sniper isn't nearly as popular as he used to be now that they made shrapnel less completely awful to play against. troll also is seen a lot less. current heroes that are seeing a ton of play and are obnoxious are bloodseeker (aka bloodcyka), leshrac, tusk (as a support), queen of pain, undying, slark, and techies. there are others, but those are the major ones right now off the top of my head. you can pretty play anything you want at this point.

Oh wow, seems alot more even, i was a beast with bs so not even mad.

I got the key bindings set an all but my headset has 2 mic plugs an my laptop only got 1 socket, think i need to get an extension cord or something to plug both in.

Reactions: sheriff bart

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Checked out Elder Scrolls Online from work earlier. Only level 5, but I have been enjoying it so far.

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
Rocket League is the most random fun I've had in a game in a long time. Playing on Steam if anyone wanna try teaming up.

In other news I sold a TF2 medigun on the community marketplace for about 230 dollars, people are actually crazy.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Checked out Elder Scrolls Online from work earlier. Only level 5, but I have been enjoying it so far.

Yeah, I kind of enjoyed it at first too, but the combat killed it for me. I don't know how it is on the ps4 or pc, but on the xbox one, there was no rumble when i hit and the collision detection seemed non existent. I couldn't tell when I was hitting an enemy and they seemed to be able to hit me from 5 feet away. I'm still going to buy the next single player elder scrolls game, but I'm never gonna play an mmo version again.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
New update for ehm is really glitchy, sometimes injured players disappear from your roster so you cant scratch them unless you clear your roster (clears your tactics).

Didnt change much anyways, :/

Edit: booted up dota and have no idea whats goin on, what is dota 2' reborn? The international immortal treasure 3?

Any way to make a smurf account to help bring me up to speed?

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
why would you need a smurf when you are already at the mmr that people make smurf accounts to play in

dota 2 reborn is the new beta client for the source 2 engine version of dota 2 that is coming out later this year. in-game is the same (though lots of backend improvements), the out of game stuff is all new and shiny and pretty and more optimized. it also adds some cool stuff like custom game support (like in warcraft and starcraft custom games aka where dota came from in the first place) and new social features.

the immortal treasure 3 is one of the treasure chests with all immortal items that you get if you bought the international 5 compendium. the international 5 is the huge dota tournament that is going on next week. compendium came out months ago and has had a bunch of included cosmetic items and other cool stuff. nothing in the game has changed at all aside from the 6.84 patch a couple months back, but you already knew about that iirc.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
why would you need a smurf when you are already at the mmr that people make smurf accounts to play in

dota 2 reborn is the new beta client for the source 2 engine version of dota 2 that is coming out later this year. in-game is the same (though lots of backend improvements), the out of game stuff is all new and shiny and pretty and more optimized. it also adds some cool stuff like custom game support (like in warcraft and starcraft custom games aka where dota came from in the first place) and new social features.

the immortal treasure 3 is one of the treasure chests with all immortal items that you get if you bought the international 5 compendium. the international 5 is the huge dota tournament that is going on next week. compendium came out months ago and has had a bunch of included cosmetic items and other cool stuff. nothing in the game has changed at all aside from the 6.84 patch a couple months back, but you already knew about that iirc.

Sweet, thank you.

Could use smurf cause my account is lvl 40 and havent played in months, though my mmr is garbage ):

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just got back into Rift. It's as fun as I remember. I don't know what it is, but any RPG that has a LOT of classes (beyond your typical warrior/mage/rouge/healer setup) and I'm a fan.

Rift is one of the only ones I've found that does the Bard class correctly. Most other games don't often include the Bard and those that do either make it overpowered/ underpowered or make it so it's literally another rouge clone with a different name.

I only wish more IOS RPGs had the insight to move beyond the W/M/R/H setup. I've found a few, but they're few and far between.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Sweet, thank you.

Could use smurf cause my account is lvl 40 and havent played in months, though my mmr is garbage ):

account level doesnt do anything aside from unlock ranked at level 13

all the other systems tied into account level have been removed from the game for over a year now, so you are good

just play some games and get back into the swing of it

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
It was a hassle to redownload steam, get my xbox one controller to work with my pc, but it was all worth it to play rocket league. If real life soccer was like that, I might have an interest in the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad